Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I bought a 95 Aspire today to part out. Q's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I bought a 95 Aspire today to part out. Q's?

Hi group,

I finally found a local apsire cheap and with little to no rust. I'll be spending the day tomorrow completely stripping it down for a swap. I'll also be keeping the front seats and a few odds and ends for my festy.

Knowing very little about aspires (and not really caring to. Our Aussie member chap has the only one I've ever been more impressed with than the most modest of festy) what is worth pulling off? If anyone needs parts, tell me what you need eh.

It's a two-door. 5-spd, and the second ugliest color they ever made (Vikings Purple!!!)

FX
    Because....45 MPG.

The fuel tank will work with a festiva since it is a 2-door, the 4-doors had different tanks. I have one I need to strip down myself and was just planning on saving everything that was descent in case I get another one that needs fixing up.
    The Festiva Store
    Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

That's has been my approuch as well, but as you've seen Noname, I have limited space and loads of parts already.... I just hate to waste stuff, especially good festy/aspire/metro parts. You know?
      Because....45 MPG.

Comment

Does it Run? How many miles? I may be interested in buying the head off it, depending on the condition and price..
        -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
        -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
        -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

Sell the trans on fordaspire.com or maybe ebay. That was the hottest item when I parted my aspire.
          youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

FFL, I'm going to throw a battery in it tomorrow before removing the motor. If it seems to run okay, I probably won't dismantle the engine, but if it's dead, and you're still interested, I'm sure we can make a deal. I'll try not to send you a subaru head!!....

Carbon, thanks for the heads up. I'm currently spare 5-spd'less, but there's nothing wrong with my current one, so I'd probably just sell it to keep from tripping all over it this winter. Shipping big items is the biggest drag though.

Thanks all!
            FX
            Because....45 MPG.

Comment

Found a picture on my camera tonight.

Didn't they also paint them pink or some nonsense like that?!

FX
              Because....45 MPG.

Comment

hey! was that the aspire that was at cotton picker's junkyard in St. Cloud??

oh, there's also another aspire in Huntington's, but idk what condition it's in.
                -Josh R

Comment

Working...
                X