Lock Cylinder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lock Cylinder?

How do you uses remove your lock cylinder in the column? (like when you lose the key like I did and need to move the steering wheel?) I was gonna slot those 2 stupid screws on the top.
    Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
    1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
    2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
    2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

Thats how I do it.

Comment

Are you wanting to get a new key made? If so all you need to do is remove the passenger side lock and take it to a locksmith....that's the lock that has the code on it
      "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

Originally posted by smcawc View Post
        Thats how I do it.
        Originally posted by lanemeyer14 View Post
        Are you wanting to get a new key made? If so all you need to do is remove the passenger side lock and take it to a locksmith....that's the lock that has the code on it
        both good answers....one is a change....one is a save...lol
        "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
        89L Silver EFI auto
        91GL Green Auto DD
        There ain't no rest for the wicked
        until we close our eyes for good.
        I will sleep when I die!
        I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

I need to get the key made but I'm trying to remove the power steering rack for Festiva GTX, and i kinda dont have the available funds to get a key made at this time.
          Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"

Comment

I used a dremel to cut the slots in the ignition screws.
            Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
            - Unknown
            I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
            - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
            - Bumper Sticker

Comment

I second the slotting of the break off bolts, only way I know of to keep the ignition cylinder intact for transplantation!
              '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
              '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
              '92 Aqua parts Car
              '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
              '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
              Your holy ghost will not save you.
              Your God plutonium will not save you.
              In fact...
              ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

You shouldn't need to remove the ignition to remove the PS rack, just unplug everything and remove the column. Does this carhave A/C by any chance? I'd be interested in the A/C lines.
                Brian
                http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                :fish:

Comment

AC and PS is all going to Festiva GTX. Sorry guys.
                  Current cars:

Comment

The screws that hold the ignition assembly onto the steering column are flat and kind of dome shaped on top. You can use a very sharp pin prick punch and with a hammer you can actually turn the bolts to remove them. It's even faster than cutting slots with a Dremel tool, that that works too. But if you don't have some good cutting disks, maybe you will want to try the sharply pointed punch. I just hit mine about 3 times each and they spun loose. I had a key broken off inside my lock and the locksmith's key extractor tool wouldn't work on it. So I picked up another lock assembly on ebay and put it back on with those two bolts. Rather than use the original bolts, I bouught some nice allen bolts at a hardware store that work as replacements for the security screws. If you want to convert the allen bolts to security screws, all you have to do is drill out the allen sockets, which you can do in a few seconds.

Comment

Working...
                    X