Adding one to the club... 89 Blue LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding one to the club... 89 Blue LX

Though it is a parts car. Still Has Plenty of parts i need.
    I'm doing a stock swap on the engine and taking the 5spd out of it and moving it into the 88'lx

I'm in a rush to get it done so be looking for more information.
    Pics soon
    "There's no half singing in the shower, your either a rockstar or an opera diva"

88' L (Daily Driver) 88' LX EMERGENSTEVIA

Got it home and it sounds nice. starting to do the work on it. I plan on having the head out and the tranny dropped tonight... once again any tips and information welcome. i am doing a write up on this. just not uploading till finished
    "There's no half singing in the shower, your either a rockstar or an opera diva"

Comment

Update: Ok, i have the entire engine apart minus the cylinder head itself and the block.
      Removed:Carb, Intake and exhaust manifolds, Top Engine mount and bracket, wheels, axles, Alternator, starter, fuel pump, and finally the distrubtor.

Problem 1: CANT GET THE HEAD TO SEPERATE. No matter how hard i try (have used engine hoist) i can't get that booger off of there. There are absolutly no bolts that i have missed. i can follow the seal between the Head and the block all the way around and there are no more bolts. Have removed all the head bolts. The only things i have not taken off are the Valve train and the camshaft itself. Not even a budge.

Comment

^^ ARE YOIU SURE...count 10 bolts. I have missed one from time to time.
        ---------------------------------------------------
        The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
        ---------------------------------------------------
        BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

Yes 10 accounted for... i think those pins that hold it to the block are rusted. still working on it.

Comment

Ok so I cant see the pics of the parts car but if it runs why tear it apart?

Comment

Originally posted by graywolf_14 View Post
              Ok so I cant see the pics of the parts car but if it runs why tear it apart?
              I'm guessing either rust, rot, or body damage. Just a guess tho.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
              1989 L - 247K miles Slick
              1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
              Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Bfh
                In the 90's we had Clinton in office. We also had Bob Hope and Johnny Cash. Now we have Obama in office and we have no Hope and no Cash.
                God grant me the serenity to accept what I cannot change, strength to change what I cannot accept, and wisdom to hide the bodies of those who piss me off!:-)
                This is NOT an abandoned vehicle

Comment

It was rearended severly. Like really bad frame damage. im thinking of gutting it then maybe a derby with my crappy parts off the white L. I plan on yanking everything out of the parts car. Still a good block but i just redid my block.

Comment

and lil red do hammers its an aluminium head so i dont wanna mess it up.

Comment

Working...
                    X