Visual cues between early & late models

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visual cues between early & late models

Is there any easily seen differences between the early carb/4 speed Festivas and the later FI cars? Something that one could see from a distance. Maybe I’m a bone head but they all look the same to me. I’m thinking there is a visual cue to tell the two apart.

The earlier cars had smooth tail lights and manual seat belts. I'm sure there are more.

BP Festiva http://www.cardomain.com/ride/723319 - SOLD
    BPT Festiva www.cardomain.com/ride/2260009 - SOLD
    BPT GTX www.cardomain.com/ride/2436495 - SOLD
    New GTX - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3294846/ - SOLD

Comment

The front grill is different also. :wink:
      Kevin
      '93 L (BP{T} Sold
      '90 L Plus Sold
      '94 Mercury Capri XR2 sold

Comment

I think the early ones had manual seatbelts though that isn't a cosmetic difference.

Take it back to the back porch, join the 3 string revolution.

Comment

carbed festivas also had the wide molding down the side and i think most of the fi had painted bumpers.

Comment

Originally posted by jmll
            carbed festivas also had the wide molding down the side and i think most of the fi had painted bumpers.
            Actually I believe most are non-painted. The painted bumpers came on the "high end" models. All the ones I've ever owned(fi) have been the black bumper. My 90' had 2" molding down the sides, while my 91' has 1". My dad also has a 92' with a black bumper and 1" molding.

I seem to remember the early carbed ones with a certain pinstripe that changed when later on.

Comment

There are no for sure visual give aways for carb vs. EFI..
              The 89 Autos (EFI) look exactly like the 88-89 MTX (CARB) externally.

In 90 all models were EFI. This is also when the external changes were made. Different Grille, Colored Bumpers, Attack belts etc..

Comment

88-89's had the dual plastic mirrors that looked better than the shit the 91-93's had.

the 90's had the awexomer looking mirrors on the upper models.

other than that, its hard to tell what year a festiva is unless you scope out the taillights or front grille, and even then it doesn't indicate its year since a LOT of festivas have multicolored bodypanels and replacement shit from junkyards lol
                Wil
                02' Sc00by WRX Sedan (current project)
                00' Celica GT Automatic 38mpg gas-sipper (sold)
                05' Scion xB box-on-wheels (sold)
                93' MX-3 Hybrid on LSD (sold )
                96' Slowtegé 42mpg Beast-mobile (engine exploded)
                93' B6-ZE 'tiva GL aka"Blue Bomber"(now owned by darpien)

Comment

Well, if the car's all the same colour and hasn't obviously had parts donated it, the front grille is a fairly good indicator of the age of the Festiva.

Regards,

Tim
                  White '89L auto - Sold!
                  Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

Working...
                  X