shipping hoods doors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shipping hoods doors

I have a lot of people who want body parts.Is there a simple way to ship hoods and doors ??without too much work ??

not if you don't want them smashed up. UPS will destroy them pretty fast. You would have to ship them on a freight truck on a pallet preferably. Find a pallet shop by your house that sells rebuilt ones. Throw some scrap cardboard on top and band them down with something like this, http://www.uline.com/BL_2752/Poly-Strapping-Kits , and make sure you mark them "TOP LOAD ONLY" ,or "DO NOT STACK". Ship as many as you can at once so you don't get a single shipment charge.
    I am the shipping supervisor at my job, but this is just my 2 cents.

1993 Festiva L, aspire swapped, selling parts for a BP+T build.

Comment

Interesting.Thanks.I will check in to it.

Comment

I have shipped many large items like riding mower decks through Greyhound bus lines. You just find a box big enough to fit the part. (look for old bicycle boxes from k-mart or walmart. Two put together will accommodate a hood or door)Then you take it to your closest Greyhound station. There will be a little paperwork to fill out and thats it. It is the cheapest way to ship large items. Go to www.greyhound.com and you can calculate what each package will cost and locate greyhound stations. Look for the tab that says package express.
        1988 L - aka: Underdog
        1990 L - soon to be trailer
        1994 Aspire (Looks like an egg)

Comment

^^ with greyhound make sure there is a terminal in your area. You don't want to ship a hood to someone that is going to have to drive 40 miles or more out of there way to pick it up...

I could take some pictures or the pallets we make when we ship decklids, doors, hoods and such from here.
          ---------------------------------------------------
          The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
          ---------------------------------------------------
          BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

Working...
          X