Spotted a Festy today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spotted a Festy today!

I RARELY see a Festiva around here. But this morning I seen one heading North on Highway 27. A Blue one that looked in pretty good shape. This makes only about the 6th or 7th Ive seen from here to Panama City Beach. Just thought Id share.
    Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
    - Unknown
    I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
    - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
    - Bumper Sticker

Wow, they must be rare down there. Most days up here, I see 6 or 7 different festivas within 20 miles of my house.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
    1989 L - 247K miles Slick
    1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
    Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Once a week around here other than my own.
      sigpic
      The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
      https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
      Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

There's probably only two dozen left on the roads of Mn. half I transplanted from other places!...

whhooo hooo. 1000 posts!!...
        Because....45 MPG.

Comment

Originally posted by MONSOON View Post
          I RARELY see a Festiva around here. But this morning I seen one heading North on Highway 27. A Blue one that looked in pretty good shape. This makes only about the 6th or 7th Ive seen from here to Panama City Beach. Just thought Id share.

I have been keeping track of a red one that a high school guy had the last 3 years or so. Told him I would like to buy it way back when, of course now it is dented, neglected, the mom tells me 2'nd and 3'rd in transmission won't go, only has 1 - 4 - 5'th.
          Be a great parts car maybe ...maybe, someday. Of course now the little brother is trashing it, driving, and I can only imagine when oil checked last.
          Maybe I will find it when it dies. Sad to see it get from pretty decent car to a forgotten piece of crap - to them
          Not too many here, all kept on the road pretty much, 2 parts cars I have, and now got the 2'nd one of ours going...an '88 white LX.
          Sometimes when we go out of town, we will see one or two Festivas being driven.

mjd

Comment

"Sad to see it get from pretty decent car to a forgotten piece of crap - to them "

I feel you MJD !
            sigpic
            The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
            https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
            Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

It had been about 3 months since I spotted the last one. A pristine white GL with a lil old lady driving it. It took all my will power to not whip the car around and follow her. Course my wife was in the car so I had that force to contend with as well.
              Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
              - Unknown
              I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
              - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
              - Bumper Sticker

Comment

Around here, Festys are a rare sight, but what few there are seem to sell fast. If you want one, you need to have cash in hand as soon as you find one.

It took me almost 3 years to get the one I have now and I got it only because I knew the owner.
                Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
                ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
                '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
                '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

Originally posted by FestivaFan View Post
                  Around here, Festys are a rare sight, but what few there are seem to sell fast. If you want one, you need to have cash in hand as soon as you find one.

It took me almost 3 years to get the one I have now and I got it only because I knew the owner.
                  Know what you mean, around here we have a local want ads paper called the Valley Trader. Comes out Wed. mornings, and any Festivas in there are usually gone by Thurs. evening at the latest. Anything local that does happen to pop up on CL, is usually gone in a day unless it's a total wreck-parts car.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
                  1989 L - 247K miles Slick
                  1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
                  Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

I spotted one on the road yesterday. I pulled up next to the guy in Hot Rod and blew the horn. I tried to get him to pull over but no go. I guess seeing a Sasquatch driving a Festiva freaked him out a little :p
                    '93 Festiva GL / "HOT ROD"
                    '02 F-150 Supercrew
                    '02 Excursion 4x4
                    '98 Jeep Cherokee Classic Limited

Comment

Originally posted by MONSOON View Post
                      It had been about 3 months since I spotted the last one. A pristine white GL with a lil old lady driving it. It took all my will power to not whip the car around and follow her. Course my wife was in the car so I had that force to contend with as well.

Yeah, doesn't that seem so wrong ? The wife not as interested in these little gems we see ?
                      I just can't figure that out !

:confused3:

Comment

Working...
                      X