No announcement yet.

Worth of my festy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is worth more to al of us than it is to the general public....they have no clue! I paid three times what the general public would for mine....$1500 for a clean 93 with 99K about a year and a half ago. The guy who bought it paid what I did. Still, in the scheme of things whatever we get is not enough....especially when you find out afterwards how much you miss it!

Comment

Originally posted by stevewl1164 View Post
      Still, in the scheme of things whatever we get is not enough....especially when you find out afterwards how much you miss it!
      And how much $ they save you!
      youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

See I'm hoping to get 1500- on it because i really need a good amount of base money to get something else

I just think it's really worth over 1000 easily because of how clean, un-rusted, and nice it is
        my old car: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3352777

Comment

I think $1000 is possible right now on ebay. $1500 is totally doable if you wait for $3.50 gas to return.
          youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Originally posted by neanderpaul View Post
            I think $1000 is possible right now on ebay. $1500 is totally doable if you wait for $3.50 gas to return.
            True, but hadn't really thought of it that way. Fuel economy is a commodity, and I guess that goes up when everything else does.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
            1989 L - 247K miles Slick
            1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
            Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Originally posted by neanderpaul View Post
              True i def think it's worth 1000 atleast right now

GAS PRICE SPIKE FTW!!!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
              my old car: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3352777

Comment

Hey with the jobs lost and all the new taxes coming you watch and see. The demand for Festiva's will sky rocket!!!! :p
                '93 Festiva GL / "HOT ROD"
                '02 F-150 Supercrew
                '02 Excursion 4x4
                '98 Jeep Cherokee Classic Limited

Comment

^^ Shhh. Don't want that to happen until after I get mine.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
                  1989 L - 247K miles Slick
                  1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
                  Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

3 weeks ago I had a stranger at the gas station (filling up his Dodge Ram Quad-cab) comment on how my '93 looked like it just rolled off the showroom floor. He asked me what kind of mileage I was getting. When I told him I averaged 44.7 on my last fill-up he said he had been looking at 2-3 Yr old economy cars for his daily commute and none of them got that good of mileage, then he offered me $1500 cash for mine. I told him, I couldn't replace it with something as dependable, fun and economical for twice that amount.

The real value of these cars is way more than you will ever get trying to sell one.
                    Just something to keep in mind!
                    Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
                    04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
                    62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
                    Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

Originally posted by blkfordsedan View Post
                      The real value of these cars is way more than you will ever get trying to sell one.
                      Just something to keep in mind!
                      Bingo

Comment

Originally posted by stevewl1164 View Post
                        It is worth more to al of us than it is to the general public....they have no clue! I paid three times what the general public would for mine....$1500 for a clean 93 with 99K about a year and a half ago. The guy who bought it paid what I did. Still, in the scheme of things whatever we get is not enough....especially when you find out afterwards how much you miss it!
                        This is the truth! I'm looking at a few now that need some work and, thinking back just a few years ago to the clean festivas I had, it makes me sick.

At this point, if someone had a really clean Festiva and was looking for a clean Cr-v, I'd try to make a deal. Of course, probably more likely to sell my cr-v and buy a bunch of Festiva 'parts cars' and make 1 good one. blah! Time is money!

I think you'll get $1000. Not from me (unless you want a cr-v), but from someone. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                        X