My festiva updates.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My festiva updates.

I am driving a festiva with A.C for the first time ever. It took 18 years (got my first festiva in 1991) and 19 festivas to get here. It is sweet! I have no problem with an automatic festiva with a B3 for in town use. It does a lot better than I thought it would. The first 15 mph is a little painful but after that I'm cool with it. If anyone ones to chime in on highway use with a B3 Auto with air feel free.

My BP festiva is back underway. The rear half of the brake swap came off of my first 89 LX BP attempt and is now on my second 88 LX BP. The whte LX had rust, no aC, and we never figured out the wiring. The charcoal 88 LX has no rust, has ac, and has functional wiring. The wiring will need to be tidied up a bit. I'm on my way to having a BP/hydro G25mr 5 speed festiva with AC, cruise control, power IN ROOF sunroof from the EGT donor, under seat tray, spoiler, rear wiper, rear defrost, factory tach cluster, LX seat w/ split fold, and a few other goodies I'm forgetting.

It's been a long time coming but to be back in a daily driver festiva is awesome. The AC is just icing on the cake. And when I get my BP stiva on the road I will be A ROCK STAR IN FULL EFFECT!! :headbang:

You know we festiva nuts could be a lot worse off. Our obsession could be with corvettes or porsches, old land rovers, or any number of gas guzzling, expensive to maintain money pits. Festivas are a healthy obsession that keeps money in our pocket!! Festivas still RULE!
    youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Festivas will ALWAYS rule!!

...and to think, I used to laugh at these cars.

While you're working on the BP Festy, take lots of pics.
    Last edited by JPT; 07-21-2009, 05:12 PM.
    Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
    '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
    '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

HERE HERE to the mighty Festiva!! Can't wait to see some pics Paul. Ate you going to debute the BP at Madness in October?
      Talk to you later, Will
      Festiva/Mazda genetic splicing researcher B6T / G25MR for 5+ years and counting.
      187.7 WHP @ 5500 RPM

Comment

I hope it will be there Will. If not it will be my new 93 GL Auto w/ air.
        youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Ive got an auto with air. Its wound tight on the hwy. I prefer to use it around town or out on a leisurely cruise at about 60-65 MPH. They run ok just too low geared and not so great on gas.
          sigpic
          The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
          https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
          Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

I figured. What kind of mpg do you get?

Comment

Originally posted by FestivaFan View Post
              Festivas will ALWAYS rule!!

...and to think, I used to laugh at these cars.

While you're working on the BP Festy, take lots of pics.
              You and me both, when they first hit the car lots in 87, I mocked them as silly, crappy little breadboxes. Then, ten years later, I drove one. Been hooked ever since.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
              1989 L - 247K miles Slick
              1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
              Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Originally posted by neanderpaul View Post
                I figured. What kind of mpg do you get?

Low 30s
                sigpic

Comment

That's what I was guessing. Ever get 35? Is highway the same as in town due to the high rpms?

Comment

^ I never broke it down like that. Just mixed driving. Probably more Hwy than city. No I dont think I ever got 35. The B6 with a five speed does better.
                    sigpic

Comment

My buddy got 48 with his b6 5 speed. I got 33.5 on my first tank. That includes 3 - 20 minute idles with the A.C on. On this tank I was flooring it half the time and babying it half the time. And it was 99% in town. I'm ok with that. I hit 85 mph just to see what it felt like. I will be looking to hit 35 mpg in town by just driving it easy.

Comment

I have got 34-36 MPG with my auto with air on the freeway cruiseing at 60-65. When I went to Detroit the one time I was running 80 most of the way and still got 30 MPG.
                        Brian
                        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                        :fish:

Comment

You ever check the in town mpg?

Comment

Originally posted by neanderpaul View Post
                            You ever check the in town mpg?
                            No, I should sometime.
                            Brian
                            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                            :fish:

Comment

Sounds like you have big plans - cant wait to see pics

91 L - modified to SLX- "Tin Can Project"
                              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2850897
                              92 GL - parts car
                              97 aspire - parts car
                              87 323 DX - daily driver

Visit My Store - New Products available!
                              http://www.cafepress.com/tunner

Car enthusiasts will respect all makes and models that preform.
                              Brand enthusiasts are the root of all problems in the car community.

Comment

Working...
                              X