No announcement yet.

'86 3 cylinder Festiva

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a question on that particular festiva is it better fuel wise for the 4 speed carb or 5 speed injected I am looking to buy one had one years ago and make a super fuel sipper out of it which would be a better choice

Comment

I believe as a general rule, the FIs average better mpgs than the carbed ones. And the 5 speeds are a bit better than the 4 speeds. So if high mpgs is/are your main concern, I'd hold out for a 5 speed-EFI. I'm sure others will weigh in , but that's my understanding. Now, when I first got Batstiva, and the carb was running right, I could pretty much hold around a 40 mpg average.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
      1989 L - 247K miles Slick
      1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
      Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

I found 2 efi cars near me both 5 speed cars both around $500 so I figure I will end up with one of them I love festivas allways loved mine but like anything else we parted ways but have allways missed it you guys see the junk yard full of them on ebay in Warren Ohio none look like something you would fix but there is 30 or so of them one had the slide back sunroof but soeone removed it left a nice hole in the roof though

Comment

Yeah, the guy that has all those listed is a member here. smcawc, I believe is his I.D. on here. I know he has some that run, some that don't. Some should definitely be able to go back on the road, some likely will be part outs. He's got quite a herd there, that's for sure.

Comment

I was looking at all his auctions I hope I find me one soon I am stuck driving a Caravan and 18MPG is killing me and I am ready for a little nimble car sick of the family express it works have 3 kids but wife is college student and gas is killing me

Comment

Might help you to add your location to your profile. Might make it easier if someone close to you has one for sale. And for help later should you need it.

Comment

All is added cant wait to get mine so I can have something to work on I see them in the local Junk Yards I frequent so I know where to get about anything I may need I am about to pick up the slide back sunroof I found in one locally but they cant sell me the whole car I assume I can put it in another one when I buy it cart before the horse I know

Comment

^^ You're lucky. With a couple of exceptions, seems most of the junkyards around here crush them pretty much as soon as they come in. They always tell me that Festivas aren't worth them hanging on to, and then tell me people are always in there looking for Festiva parts. :banghead:

Comment

Working...
                  X