Interior panels w/ bed liner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior panels w/ bed liner?

So I'm stripping out the interior of the '93 I just got and the interior panels are pretty worn. Has anyone attempted to use textured bed liner to resurface the interior panels/dash? Other suggestions?

1993 Ford Festiva L ($650)
    Mazda 1.8L BP - PaceSetter Header (in progress)
    Aspire Swap - 15x6.5 wheels, 205/50/15 tires
    >> Photo Album <<

Krylon fusion plastic paint.
    -Greg
    Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
    BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
    Redneck Engineer
    FOTY - '09
    5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

^^ expensive....

Bedliner is really supposed to be meant to be material to metal adhesion. I have seen line-x on a whole interior of a acura integra. Did not look too bad, but can't admagine the road rash you would receive if you were in a car wreck.
      Last edited by festivaWES; 07-25-2009, 03:27 PM.
      ---------------------------------------------------
      The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
      ---------------------------------------------------
      BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

Originally posted by jcbgrady View Post
        So I'm stripping out the interior of the '93 I just got and the interior panels are pretty worn. Has anyone attempted to use textured bed liner to resurface the interior panels/dash? Other suggestions?
        I thought of doing the same thing, but just to the panels behind the rear seat (in the cargo area) to protect them from tool boxes and other stuff I carry from time to time. I was thinking that someone made a bedliner available in different colors. I also thought about using some of that grey speckled paint that used to be in older car trunks.
        Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
        04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
        62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
        Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

Originally posted by festivaWES View Post
          ^^ expensive....

Bedliner is really supposed to be meant to be material to metal adhesion. I have seen line-x on a whole interior of a acura integra. Did not look too bad, but can't admagine the road rash you would receive if you were in a car wreck.
          you can get liquid bedliner without the traction grit.
          Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
          Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

I was thinking about dipping my car in that Plasti-Dip stuff for tool handles...

Focustiva: Because I was told it was was impossible to fit a Focus bumper on a Festiva.
            In memory of Dean Allen - V8 Festiva 1955-2010

Comment

^ I'd like to see that!
              Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
              '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
              '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

Originally posted by sam.1956 View Post
                I was thinking about dipping my car in that Plasti-Dip stuff for tool handles...
                it'd be the worlds biggest superball!
                Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

I just finished a complete interior clean up and cosmetic makeover in my 89. It had been a drug impound vehicle, partially stripped and half baked put back together by law enforcement then sat in an impound yard for a year. I don't think I had ever seen a dirtier or more beat up interior in my life. Panels scarred and scratched, carpet was a real mess, crayons melted into the carpet and seats, seats so badly stained they wouldn't shampoo clean. I stripped it to bare floors, pressure washed the carpets, vinyl dyed the seats, used sandpaper and krylon Fusion on all interior panels and sprayed the carpets with Krylon grey primer, car lots have done this trick for years. Everything looks great now just like new except the door panels and I'll recover those when I finish the sunvisors.
                  I also carry stuff from time to time and my plan is to use carpet that matches what's in it and glue it to the interior panels about 8" high to keep it from scuffing the plastic in the back and also on the new door panels when I'm ready. Just my 2 cents.

Dennis in Oregon

Comment

Thanks for the input. I have a couple of months before I'll put the interior back in. Here is the current state of the Festy resto.

facebook album

I'll be working on exterior/body, wiring and engine stuff for the next couple of months. Thanks again!

1993 Ford Festiva L ($650)
                    Mazda 1.8L BP - PaceSetter Header (in progress)
                    Aspire Swap - 15x6.5 wheels, 205/50/15 tires
                    >> Photo Album <<

Comment

Working...
                    X