What is it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is it?

When i switched out carb, i found some type of thermo plate? It was on the bottom of the carb with 2 wires. What is it for? Is it needed? I will give pix if needed

Thanx

B
    In the 90's we had Clinton in office. We also had Bob Hope and Johnny Cash. Now we have Obama in office and we have no Hope and no Cash.
    God grant me the serenity to accept what I cannot change, strength to change what I cannot accept, and wisdom to hide the bodies of those who piss me off!:-)
    This is NOT an abandoned vehicle

Only thing i can think of it is basically a thermo plate as you described. Used in cold weather climates so the components wouldn't be able to freeze shut or open..

Might of been a festiva recall up there in the northern states.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
    ---------------------------------------------------
    BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

Without seeing a picture of what you are talking about, I'm kind of guessing. But I believe what you are talking about is the Electronic Fuel Evaporator (EFE) aka EFE heater. So yes, if you are running a stock carb set up, you need that because it helps regulate the temp of the fuel/air mix, which you need to be right, especially at start up, and especially if it's cold.

And according to my Hayne's, that part should not have come off with the carb, if the EFE is what you are talking about.
      Last edited by batstiva; 07-25-2009, 03:24 PM.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
      1989 L - 247K miles Slick
      1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
      Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

so if left off, it will do...... hard cold starts?......hard hot starts? ......
        In the 90's we had Clinton in office. We also had Bob Hope and Johnny Cash. Now we have Obama in office and we have no Hope and no Cash.
        God grant me the serenity to accept what I cannot change, strength to change what I cannot accept, and wisdom to hide the bodies of those who piss me off!:-)
        This is NOT an abandoned vehicle

Comment

Pretty sure if you leave it off, you'll have no real problem til it gets cold out. Then I'm betting you will have serious idle/run issues when it first starts up, until the engine warms up enough to compensate for the missing EFE. Just my assumption tho.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
          1989 L - 247K miles Slick
          1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
          Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Working...
          X