Nice stud-able 12" Bridgestone snows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice stud-able 12" Bridgestone snows

I always run with studded tires in the winter here. My local tire place has the nicest studdable 12" snows I've ever seen - Bridgestone P155/80R12's, for $30@. I gather they have a lot of them, too, as a result of a buyout of someone else's stock. Western PA, ~10mi E of Pittsburgh, if that's of any interest to anyone.

For some unknown reason, they're whitewalls, too.

if I don't get my swap done before snowfall here, I might have you swagger a set for the Dreadnaught.

I saw a set on eBay with rims included, but the shipping would have ate me next few pay cheques
    "Nothing's gonna grieve us
    When we drive Festivas
    I could go a hundred miles an hour
    Long as I got the Almighty Power
    With my plastic Jesus
    Riding on the dashboard of my car"

Comment

I'm looking for decent snows for the Festi. Shipping tires would be a killer for me as well as others Can you get the model no. so people can source them locally, wherever they are. What I've found up to date are Kelly snowtrackers at $50 and Yokohame Ice-Guards at $80.
      I will NOT drive a minivan

Comment

Hey Happy Mom,
        They're WT-14's. Seems like a dumb name for 12" tires, but that's what it says on the side so I guess that's the model #.

This dealer doesn't ship, but if you know anyone who's planning on passing thru the Pittsburgh area I could help put you together with some. If you or anyone else interested is, best to email me directly about these since sometimes I go many days without looking here: hempel@earthlink.net but if you do please go thru the spamblocker challenge to make sure I see it.

John

Comment

I have a set of kumho studs. They're lovely in the snow but they have a lot of road noise. It takes quite a bit of snow to stop me! Hahahahaha!

Marc
          marc
          white 93 GL / 5spd

Comment

5spd, something I've found around here, alot of the Indy shops do recaps for snows. Check a few more sidewalls you might come up with a couple of more names, then again you may not... I had 2 different sidewalls on my Ranger but the same tread snows, etc as they were recaps...

Comment

I doubt any recap shops ever saw any reason to invest in 12" molds. There just aren't enough Festivas around, and you wouldn't expect anyone who bought a Geo to have the sense to put on winter tires . But, like you, I run winter recaps on my Ranger too. I don't put enough miles on it to wear out a set of fresh snows - not the case with the Festivas.

I would otherwise be looking for a set for the Ranger this year, but one blew out a couple yrs ago so I got a pair of fresh recaps. Then one of those two blew out within the first 1000mi. 2 blowouts (the only two I've ever had) out of 6 recaps isn't a very good record. At least I know the warning signs now :wink:

John

Comment

Has anyone heard of any dealers in TX that carry a 12" tire.. I'd like to have the studs for the occasional ice over but just a meatier set of 12" would be nice.

Comment

Working...
                X