Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

N E 1 know where the a/c removal thread is ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N E 1 know where the a/c removal thread is ?

There was an a/c removal thread on here,but,searching I could not find it.I need to remove a complete system and need to know every part to remove without missing something.Thanks,guys.

bam!
    it'll do the 1/8 in 13.7, spin tires, and make all my drunk buddies giggle.

"I like a Festiva because there's less car to get in the way of the driving experience"

Comment

Why is the low pressure switch on the high pressure hose....seems like an oxymoron.
      ---------------------------------------------------
      The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
      BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

to make sure all the low pressure is out of it. =D I DONT KNOW!
        it'll do the 1/8 in 13.7, spin tires, and make all my drunk buddies giggle.

"I like a Festiva because there's less car to get in the way of the driving experience"

Comment

What about electrical(relays,etc.).?In/Under dash ?

Comment

That harness unplugs easily and the relays on the exterior firewall on mine...
            The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
            BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

difference between auto/standard? Do you have to put a system out of an automatic back in one or can you mix ?Same with standard .

Comment

It is the last thread in other's articles.... Lots of good threads in there that people don't know about...

The Festiva Store
                Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

There are three relays mounted on one bracket low behind the driver side headlight. If it's an automatic car there is also a condensor fan mounted in front of the condesor and a different brace in the middle (the one that the hood latch mounts to). One other thing to remember is the operating cable that runs from the temp control lever on the heater box to the temp control on the A/C box. You can see it in the drivers footwell and it goes between the firewall and the heater box. There are two sections to the wiring harness... one that handles the inside stuff and goes through the firewall and one that handles the engine compartment duties. The engine compartment one runs from the firewall on the passenger side, along close to the top of the passenger side fender, across the upper rad support ending at the three relays I mentioned before.

The system I bought was originally in an automatic car and came with the condensor fan. Auto cars also have a gas pedal switch (shuts the compressor off at full throttle). I have a 5 speed car so didn't install the condesor fan or gas pedal switch.

We've really enjoyed having the A/C and I would highly recommend it... well worth the effort.

Here's a direct link to the A/C removal article

Anyway I hope that helps. Let me know if you'd like some photos.
                  Ian
                  Calgary AB, Canada
                  93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                  59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

And get me that AC crank pulley while you're at it!

Comment

Working...
                    X