93gl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 93gl

ok, i've started putting parts i have been saving on the car that i bought three months ago. I put new struts in back, new brake pads, and also started doing things to the inside. This weekend i'm going to put new control arms, tie rod (inner and outer) and sway bar bushings. Front struts are still pretty good and will do them down the road. I also put new tires on front. After i get this car done im thinking of selling the gray ghost. Haven't talked myself completely into it yet but it is on my mind. Im also going to get new paint job, same color, like the teal johttp://gi170.photobucket.com/groups/u279/KFNODTOI3A/Beginningrebuild93GL024.jpg

[
    Last edited by milehighbear; 07-29-2009, 06:04 PM.
    Thom-Lifes too short, don't blink
    93 Festiva (Little Red Truck)
    01 F-150 (Big Red Truck)

Cool, same color and year as mine, except mines an "L"
    -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
    -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
    -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

yea, my grey ghost, or little truck is a 93L, thats the one im thinking of selling when i get the 93GL done.
      Last edited by milehighbear; 07-29-2009, 06:16 PM.
      01 F-150 (Big Red Truck)

Comment

Wow! Those two pics of the left rear interior sections are night and day. Paint? Looks like it's coming along.

The Gray Ghost is awesome, BTW! :thumbleft:
        Last edited by batstiva; 07-29-2009, 09:47 PM.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
        1989 L - 247K miles Slick
        1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
        Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Wow, nice work !! Wish I was there to help. It kind of gets my juices flowing looking at the pics. Looks like you already have some good help though. It should be real nice once you are done.

Last edited by freshtiva; 07-29-2009, 11:44 PM.
          sigpic
          The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
          https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
          Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Nice. is that fusion paint? How much for the Ghost?
            -Greg
            Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
            BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
            Redneck Engineer
            FOTY - '09
            5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

I'd probably as in the neighborhood of about 700.00-750.00. It runs great and has had a lot of work done to it. People will probably say keep it for parts or for a back up car. I have an F-150, 93GL, 93Chevy and the ghost. I don't want the ghost to sit. It runs good and i want someone to enjoy driving it.
              01 F-150 (Big Red Truck)

Comment

? of colors ......

Originally posted by milehighbear View Post
                yea, my grey ghost, or little truck is a 93L, thats the one im thinking of selling when i get the 93GL done.

milehigh -- What is the color of your '93 GL called exactly ? I have a chance to maybe get a '93 L, and I think it is the same color ...kind of a teal green ? Can you let me know ? Did they have many options for an L, like air cond ? Overall, they were the same pretty much as earlier years ?
                Also, how do you match up the painting on the interior molding plastic parts ? Do you know of certain colors for the brown, and grey colors for Festy interior pieces ?
                Thanks,

MJD

:hello1:

Comment

ok, i just got done putting on new control arms, tie rod ends and sway bar bushings and took it out for a test drive. I love my new little car. Before at 65 the front end would shake and i could feel it thru steering wheel. This time when i got up to 65, nice and smooth, 70-75 still nice and smooth, even took it to 80 and ran great. Now im going to start working on the body. I guess I've also been very fortunate that working on my festiva's i haven't run into any rust problems or rusty bolts. Everything just needs a little wd-40 and i go to work. No rust on either of the cars bodys either.
                  Last edited by milehighbear; 07-31-2009, 08:28 PM.
                  01 F-150 (Big Red Truck)

Comment

Working...
                  X