I want THIS....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want THIS....

I didn't know the 121 came with headlight washers....
    The interior on the other one,,WOW.!! Dang we missed a lot of options.

I second that. Man, that interior in the red one just rocks. And the inside hatch/gas door releases?? We really kind of did get left out over here, didn't we?

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
    1989 L - 247K miles Slick
    1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
    Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

I'd love to have a set of those bumpers...
      -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
      -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
      -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

Originally posted by batstiva View Post
        We really kind of did get left out over here, didn't we?

And why? We were probably the best market to sell to. You would have thought the US would have been a bigger market that the places that had those options.
        sigpic
        The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
        https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
        Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Guess it all came down to what Ford felt like bringing over here. And the Festiva was pretty much nothing more to Ford than a way to balance out their bigger cars when it came to CAFE standards.
          But you're right, we are one of, if not the biggest auto market in the world. You'd think they would want to take advantage of that.

Comment

Niiice stuff! That's beside 5-door hatch's and wagons too...
            Those are nice bumpers. I believe a couple on here have done the funtop.

Should go overseas and come back with a container full of options! lol

Comment

And the inside hatch/gas door releases??
              You cann take the releases out of a 323 and Tracers and put them in a Festiva. Its almost a bolt in deal!
              Brian
              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
              :fish:

Comment

fun top

That fun top takes all the support out of the roof. I would not drive it at high speed without a rollbar. I have walked on a roof with the sunroof out. It's like a Coke can.

Comment

^^hogwash....it has a frame all around it and still more protection then a convertable. If you are driving normal high speed or not why would you need a roll bar?
                  "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
                  89L Silver EFI auto
                  91GL Green Auto DD
                  There ain't no rest for the wicked
                  until we close our eyes for good.
                  I will sleep when I die!
                  I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
                    That fun top takes all the support out of the roof. I would not drive it at high speed without a rollbar. I have walked on a roof with the sunroof out. It's like a Coke can.
                    Expecting to roll??

Comment

Guess it all came down to what Ford felt like bringing over here. And the Festiva was pretty much nothing more to Ford than a way to balance out their bigger cars when it came to CAFE standards.
                      But you're right, we are one of, if not the biggest auto market in the world. You'd think they would want to take advantage of that.

Its all about whats comparable in the market they are bringing the car to. In Japan and Europe the cars in the same class had far better options than the ones in the United states so if your going to try to sell a car there it better be able to compete.

1993 Festiva L, aspire swapped, selling parts for a BP+T build.

Comment

Originally posted by big_ty2003 View Post
                        Its all about whats comparable in the market they are bringing the car to. In Japan and Europe the cars in the same class had far better options than the ones in the United states so if your going to try to sell a car there it better be able to compete.
                        But doesn't it all come around to what is creating the comparison in the market in the first place? It does seem that they seem to get lots of goodies before us though!

Comment

i just want the grille :lol:

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                          1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                          2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Originally posted by thered56 View Post
                            But doesn't it all come around to what is creating the comparison in the market in the first place? It does seem that they seem to get lots of goodies before us though!
                            Yes. And I guess it all come down to while Japan and Europe were buying smaller cars, a lot of folks over here were pouring their dough into bigger and badder. So we got a lot of choices for bigger and badder, and squat for economical.

Comment

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
                              i just want the grille :lol:
                              Me too.... still haven't had any luck obtaining one.
                              Ian
                              Calgary AB, Canada
                              93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                              59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

Working...
                              X