minguns going away for a while,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• minguns going away for a while,

Well Miniguns going away for a while, Im taking it back over to my place and putting it up for a while.

Right now Im living at my girlfriends, she only has a small garage and its packed full of stuff. When I brought the festivas over I didnt know I would end up have been working on it outside at her place.

Its just not working out.

I spend more time tripping over stuff, trying to make room in her garage to do anything that I wasting all my time, rushing to beat the weather and making stupid mistakes.

So its going back to my garage until something changes. The bad part is I will not be able to work on it while its over there. I have a hour commute to work and its in the opposite direction.

Its either this, sell it or part it out. Im so frustrated with the project its not fun anymore.
    money pit

No spitters were I work, you swallow it all. The Company feels if you already have it in your mouth why waste it.

Hope things work out for you and the car. I for one, would hate to see you sell it or part it out. I'm looking forward to you finishing it.
    Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
    '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
    '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

My old boss said his old boss told him: "If your family gets in the way of your career, get a new family." My boss told me: "you might have made a pretty good geologist if you hadn't gotten married." There is a middle way. Don't abandon either one. It's more interesting. It just takes a little juggling.

Comment

When I used to lurk on the Locost boards, people built entire cars inside a bigbox garden storage shed. If the garage is full of stuff, put the storage shed in front of the door, or in the backyard if you can get there, and Zoot Allors! C'est la vie!
        qroger

Comment

You're getting close Mike!! Keep plugging away at it. From what I've seen, when you are done it will be an awesome car!!!
          1986 Comp Prep SVO Mustang(1 of 83) Four cylinder turbo! (Think first Fox body "R" model!)
          1995 F-150 Extra Cab and it was free!
          1991 Festiva L, Surf Blue with A/C
          1995 Jeep Cherokee 2wd 5 speed 4.0 and it was free!
          1993 Aqua Festiva and it was cheap!
          1994 Brake Swap and it was cheap!
          1969 Ford F100 Big Block Ranger and it was free! (coming 2/12)

Comment

Sorry to hear that. I love that project. You have no idea how much I wanna see that car! You've done so well and stuck with it for so long. I'm sure you will still finish, just do what ya gotta do right now. You'll be able to make good progress on it again it due time.

Comment

Originally posted by qroger View Post
              When I used to lurk on the Locost boards, people built entire cars inside a bigbox garden storage shed. If the garage is full of stuff, put the storage shed in front of the door, or in the backyard if you can get there, and Zoot Allors! C'est la vie!
              qroger
              Yeah, can you rent a unit at a storage facility for her stuff? Or maybe get her to clean it out a bit so you can use it? Garage sale maybe? Most people don't need much of what they have in storage--that's why it's there.
              90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
              09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Well here what led to all the frustration. The company that made my cams makes 3 other designs for the SHO engine. They are based on two different factory grinds , one for the auto tranny car and one for the manual tranny car. My cams are based off the auto tranny cams ( more torque) but they gave me directions for installing the other cams, they have their alignment marks in different places on one intake cam. So yes I have had one cam out of four out of time.

Its a "non interferance" engine so there is no damage, I just have to time all the cams again. I can do this with only pulling the intake and valve covers and will only take a day but Im a littl burned out.
                money pit

No spitters were I work, you swallow it all. The Company feels if you already have it in your mouth why waste it.

Comment

This is when the free beer comes in handy.....
                  1986 Comp Prep SVO Mustang(1 of 83) Four cylinder turbo! (Think first Fox body "R" model!)
                  1995 F-150 Extra Cab and it was free!
                  1991 Festiva L, Surf Blue with A/C
                  1995 Jeep Cherokee 2wd 5 speed 4.0 and it was free!
                  1993 Aqua Festiva and it was cheap!
                  1994 Brake Swap and it was cheap!
                  1969 Ford F100 Big Block Ranger and it was free! (coming 2/12)

Comment

Working...
                  X