a trim question I can't put in the interior forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a trim question I can't put in the interior forum

I wasn't sure where to put this, since it isn't a Festiva question. I have a car with crappy fake woodgrain trim. I desperately want to recolor the woodgrain black, but it's also on the heater controls. This would mean painting over all the necessary markings, thus making climate control a guessing game. Has anyone found a good way to replace the symbols and lettering, maybe by stenciling or some kind of overlay or something? I can't be the only person who's wanted to recolor something like this.
    1992 Subaru Legacy
    1988 Chevy Caprice Classic

mask the markings off is the best way take your time

Comment

If you can take out the overlay, you might take it to a graphics/silk screen shop. Have them make a screen reproduction of the lettering. Then paint your panel the color you want, take it back and have the lettering applied. All of this might be in the "unlimited funds restoration" category though.

Then, there that rub-on lettering rub-on stuff called Letterset (spl?) but it can get tedious to apply. Craft and art supply stores have it by the sheet in various font styles, colors, and sizes.

Comment

Working...
      X