No announcement yet.

Motorcycle in Festy...Is it Possible???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motorcycle in Festy...Is it Possible???

So there are a couple of threads around here with people fitting fairly large items into their festy's and wellllllllllllllllllllllllll I need to take my motorcycle in to be serviced, yet I don't want to have to rely on someone following me to the dealer so that they can bring me back home.

So I was wondering..heheh..does anyone think I could fit a honda cbr600rr sport bike into my festy?

LOL!! I am soooooo tempted to try it. I figure all I need is to take out the passenger seat, and the rear seat and get a ramp and I could wheel it into the car and lay it on it's side

On it's side, with the back seat and pass. seat out, I bet you could get by with it. If not, there's always this option.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
    1989 L - 247K miles Slick
    1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
    Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Do it! I'm pretty sure you can get it in fine with the passenger seat out. I've seen mopeds all the way inside (with hatch shut), and even a quad in the back (hatch open). With the hatch open, it does really suck the exhaust though.

Oh, and, take pictures!!!

Comment

lmao Scott!!! I guess I never made it to that page.

Comment

^^ Gotta go to the bitter end, man. Good stuff all the way through.

Comment

Hmmmm....tempting.

Anyone ever measured the length of the interior space/area from dash to hatch of a festy? You can guestimate the width based on the car specs.

Comment

Okay, just cause I'm bored waiting for my insurance co. to call me back, I went out and measured. From the dash, centered over the glove box, to the back = 82 inches, give or take a little for the hatch to close. Width at the narrowest point (between wheel well trim covers = 37 1/2 inches.

Comment

Hmmm..which means it's even longer if I took the diagonal dimension. I will have to measure my bike tonight...It might actually just fit. The wheel base is supposedly 54.7 according to the specs and I have 17" tires.....sooooo I am going to measure it tonight. lol!!
                Last edited by xlence; 08-04-2009, 10:48 AM.

Comment

I've got one or two pictures up my sleeve that will make everyone smile ....I'll post them tonight when i go to work. -Daniel
                  1991 stiva.

Comment

exlence,

I'm a big fan of utilizing all the space in my vehicles, and most certainly you could fit a motorcycle in your festy (I've done it with a smaller dual sport). The problem I see is the bike you mentioned has fairings, and YOU WILL SCRATCH THEM if you try to load it in sideways. If you absolutely have to use your festy for this job, please take off all the plastic before loading. They aren't cheap to replace and will decrease the value of your bike when you go to sell.

I think towing like a trailer is the best way (if going a short distance, no need to even disengage the chain to the rear wheel, just put in N.)

All is possible, but somethings there's a better way.

Brenton
                    Because....45 MPG.

Comment

^^Oh I know how expensive the plastics are..believe you me. I crashed a bike on a track in ATL and had to pay for it's repair..not a fun thing. If I actually did this, the UTMOST care would be taken to not damage my bike. My bike is fairly clean and I plan to keep it that way
                      Last edited by xlence; 08-04-2009, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Not to mention wrestling around a 500lb or so bike to get it back out will probably be good fun!! We put a 302 into the trunk of my friends '68 Satellite (momentarily greatly increasing the value of his Mopar)....no problem getting it in there, getting it back out was a different story!!
                        1986 Comp Prep SVO Mustang(1 of 83) Four cylinder turbo! (Think first Fox body "R" model!)
                        1995 F-150 Extra Cab and it was free!
                        1991 Festiva L, Surf Blue with A/C
                        1995 Jeep Cherokee 2wd 5 speed 4.0 and it was free!
                        1993 Aqua Festiva and it was cheap!
                        1994 Brake Swap and it was cheap!
                        1969 Ford F100 Big Block Ranger and it was free! (coming 2/12)

Comment

I've got another that would stun you all but its on my phone and I can't get it on here unless I send it as a Pic message to someone and they put it on.
                          1991 stiva.

Comment

Awesome!!!

Please post the stunner...

FX
                            Because....45 MPG.

Comment

i would but its on my cell ...i can text it to someone and they can post it (its worth it)
                              1991 stiva.

Comment

Working...
                              X