would like A few opinoins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• would like A few opinoins

1. straightpiping my cat it rattles like a cat on a barrel.
    2.found some interesting rims that fit loosly on the 93 festy???
    gold but decent pics comin soon if anyones intrested.
    3. aspire swap easy do manual anywhere?

kansas city mo
    ryan s

thx guys for any help!!!!!

1993 Festiva L, aspire swapped, selling parts for a BP+T build.

Comment

Originally posted by dragonslit View Post
      1. straightpiping my cat it rattles like a cat on a barrel.
      2.found some interesting rims that fit loosly on the 93 festy???
      gold but decent pics comin soon if anyones intrested.
      1. The rattling is probably the heat shield on the cat. You can remove it or secure it with hose clamps. I wouldn't straightpipe it. You are still subject to safety inspections, and if they see no cat they might fail it on a visual inspection. That's what they told me here in St. Louis.

If the cat is restricted, you can bore it out with a hole saw. You'll need an extension to get it in there. That way the cat will appear to be there, but with no restriction.

2. What do you mean by "fit loosely" for the rims? BTW have you checked the wheel fitting guide?
      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

rims holes were borrred out it look like. theres just a tid bit of play in them tho.
        and for the sraight pipe yes it is illegal n missouri and fails inspections. but like wat was saild i can always just bore it out with like a big screw driver or somin?

Comment

cut the back side (the side that faces the car) in a square and remove all the interior contents - reweld square back onto the cat housing and remount to car - passes visual that way thats the way my truck was in Nashville

91 L - modified to SLX- "Tin Can Project"
          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2850897
          92 GL - parts car
          97 aspire - parts car
          87 323 DX - daily driver

Visit My Store - New Products available!
          http://www.cafepress.com/tunner

Car enthusiasts will respect all makes and models that preform.
          Brand enthusiasts are the root of all problems in the car community.

Comment

Did you know I saw your car the other day ?

sigpic
            The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
            https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
            Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

If you remove the inside of the cat, wont that mess up your inspection part for emissions. I had to replace my cat because it wasn't burning the fuel fumes and was having a high hc count.
              Thom-Lifes too short, don't blink
              93 Festiva (Little Red Truck)
              01 F-150 (Big Red Truck)

Comment

^...only if they run a sniffer up your pipe.

dragon, just a thought: punctuation helps in translation.
                Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by milehighbear View Post
                  If you remove the inside of the cat, wont that mess up your inspection part for emissions. I had to replace my cat because it wasn't burning the fuel fumes and was having a high hc count.
                  In MO they no longer test cars before the 1996 model year. I should have told him to check with his state regs on this, since obviously it isn't universal.

The easier way to gut the cat is to do it from the rear with a hole saw. If the cat is off the car, you then just stand it upright to let the pieces fall out. If it is on the car, leave the rear pipe off and start the car to blow out the pieces. If the cat is welded on rather than bolted, cut it just behind the cat with a cutoff tool; then when you're done, clamp on a connecting tube.
                  Last edited by TominMO; 08-05-2009, 05:02 PM.
                  90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                  09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

omg its my car u were at piropos. well u shoulda came down to say hi! yep shes black now

Comment

^ Yes I was at piropos, noticed the festiva right off the bat. If Ive known where to find you I definately would have said hey. I was at my brothers wedding ( piropos) . I think there was a Jazz festival going on at the time too. I drove my B6 festy to the event.
                      sigpic
                      The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                      https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                      Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

good god(b6) cant believe i missed it. i work at the mini golf, i think we should have a festy meet there im a manager so we can drink and play on the course whenever i want to.

Comment

catty cut and stripped

thx guys
                          Last edited by dragonslit; 08-07-2009, 03:54 PM. Reason: sayin thx

Comment

Working...
                          X