Progress report on my festiva

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Progress report on my festiva

I have worked most of the night on getting my festiva drivable the exhaust was mostly gone I put a new tail pipe and muffler on after about an hour of removing the 2 bolts from the converter. Still have an exhaust leak between conv and pipe fix it tomaorrow. I replaced valve cover gasket steam washed the engine which she didnt care for didnt want to run again but she finally started. I then gave her a complete tune up then it wouldnt start again I guess you can put the dist rotor on 3 ways and I put it on the wrong one all said and done he runs great. I found the front pads are shot along with a burnt up lt rear wheel bearing so tomorrow I am off to get some bearings and pads. I hope to go to the junk yards tomorrow and find some decent tires never seen a car with 4 tires with the cords hanging out of them. Guess thats what a goverment car gets for care the last owner was the title fraud inspector for the state of ohio so I clearly wont fudge on the purchase price.
    Last edited by scout800; 08-06-2009, 01:49 AM.

Good luck and post some pics when you can.
    -Greg
    Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
    BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
    Redneck Engineer
    FOTY - '09
    5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Trust me don't wast your time with the festiva brake pads or wheel bearing, do the aspire swap. Look the list over before you go to the junkyard.

Next time you wash the engine bay put a plastic bag over the distributor and cover that with aluminum foil (you can mold it) this will solve your rough start problem.

1993 Festiva L, aspire swapped, selling parts for a BP+T build.

Comment

Sadly I allready fixed it I didnt realize it was that simple and I knew where a dozen Aspires are oh well wear it out then change it then

Comment

Working...
        X