could it happen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• could it happen?

I may be looking for an aspire. I have heard about the swaps. What can i use from the aspire to go into the festy? Everything(mech)? I have a line on a motor and trans....is that going to work with stock drive shafts? I'm clueless, help me out.

Thank you
    B
    In the 90's we had Clinton in office. We also had Bob Hope and Johnny Cash. Now we have Obama in office and we have no Hope and no Cash.
    God grant me the serenity to accept what I cannot change, strength to change what I cannot accept, and wisdom to hide the bodies of those who piss me off!:-)
    This is NOT an abandoned vehicle

The motor is essentially the same, the trans will work fine too. Just be sure to grab the tranny front mount. The Festy one definitely won't work.
    Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
    '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
    '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

If you're thinking about putting that motor in a carbed stiva, you'll have to install an inline pump somewhere. I think the discussion has been that the Aspire shaft does not have the lobe needed to run the early Festiva mechanical fuel pump. Think pretty much everything else is plug and play. Except the tranny mount mentioned above.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
      1989 L - 247K miles Slick
      1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
      Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

The exhaust manifold on the aspire is more restrictive.
        youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

is the aspire tranny stronger ?
          05 focus zx3 5spd 180k 2.5 inch mbrp exhaust , steeda sri and ford racing dynamic suspension

Comment

No but it does have different ratios and the cam in the motor has roller rockers
            -Greg
            Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
            BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
            Redneck Engineer
            FOTY - '09
            5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

If its a 2 door Aspire the tank would work for a swap in a carbd car. The tranny in the Aspire is geared higher, it will cut down on MPG's but the car would have better take off. You can fab the seats into a Festiva also.
              Brian
              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
              :fish:

Comment

You can use the air intake from a aspire after you cut the lower part off, and use the festiva lower air intake.
                -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
                -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
                -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

The only difference in gear ratios between the Festiva and Aspire transmissions is the final drive ratio. A Festiva has a 3.777:1 final drive and an Aspire has a 4.058:1

If you use the Aspire trans, you'll have better acceleration, but you'll do a lot of shifting (first gear is real short).

...and you'll lose a couple of MPG.
                  Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
                  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
                  '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
                  '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

Working...
                  X