down for the count :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• down for the count :(

well today i was on my lap top and was eating a boal of cereal (like allways....) and dumped some milk in to the keyboard and now my laptop dont work no more so untill i get it fixed im not gonna be on much im haveing to post this from my OLD computer, i cant even look at the new pics of eurotiva cause its slower than 56k... is like .43k :sign6: lol... but it will give me more time to work on the b6t.... see ya around....

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
    1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Darn! Although it is good to hear you'll have more time to work on the car. I hope you get your computer running soon, and same for the car. You are one of the bigger poster here, and no, I'm not talkin bout your height! :-P Good luck with everything!

btw, antenna should be with with Ken on Friday.

Later, Eric.

Comment

thats not a good way to start your day... hope you can get back soon...
      90 festiva BP/G25MR swap, spec v seats, aspire brakes, FMS springs, round headlight conversion with HID's, custom exhaust, fiberglass hood, and a whole lotta bodywork
      BEFORE AFTER

Comment

it will just give you more time to take progress pictures - hope the laptop can be fixed and you dont need to buy a new one - I dont think milk spill is covered under the warenty

91 L - modified to SLX- "Tin Can Project"
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2850897
        92 GL - parts car
        97 aspire - parts car
        87 323 DX - daily driver

Visit My Store - New Products available!
        http://www.cafepress.com/tunner

Car enthusiasts will respect all makes and models that preform.
        Brand enthusiasts are the root of all problems in the car community.

Comment

Pfft. The laptop I'm on right now has had Mt. Dew, water, and beer spilled on it before. Shut it down, pulled the back plate off, let it dry for a day or two, put the back plate on, plugged it in, fired it up, good to go!

Don't know if yours will do that or not, but hope you're not out of commission too long.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
          1989 L - 247K miles Slick
          1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
          Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Hopefully you get something going soon, worst case senario i just use my cell phone :lol:

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
            1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
            2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
              Hopefully you get something going soon, worst case senario i just use my cell phone :lol:
              I've only logged onto this site a few times from anything other than my iPhone! lol

But guess there ain't no use cryin over spilled milk. Beer, on the other hand, Scott, how wasteful of you!

Comment

^^ Yeah, yeah, I know alcohol abuse. :lol: Tried to Homer Simpson it, but couldn't slurp much back off the keyboard.:tongue1:

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
                1989 L - 247K miles Slick
                1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
                Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

laptops are a pain in the butt! i had to get a new one a month ago because my ex-boyfriend was tickling me and my laptop was on the floor and i fell on top of it! the warranty didn't cover it! i hope u can get ur laptop fixed...if not they have some pretty sweet back to school laptop deals right now
                  Amazing Amanda

Comment

if you ever get anything electronic wet, dont turn it on/plug it in, drop it into some dry ice for awhile itll dry it out nice and quick.

Comment

Originally posted by aglatfe1 View Post
                      laptops are a pain in the butt! i had to get a new one a month ago because my ex-boyfriend was tickling me and my laptop was on the floor and i fell on top of it!
                      When I first read the first line I didn't realize you meant a literal pain in the butt! lol :-P

Comment

Originally posted by hermit View Post
                        if you ever get anything electronic wet, dont turn it on/plug it in, drop it into some dry ice for awhile itll dry it out nice and quick.
                        why would you chill electronics to remove liquid? would the liquid just stay there, i was told to take all the power away immediately and put it in a warm spot and don't touch it until its cool and dry. i never heard of cooling electronics to dry them; weird, have you actually done this?
                        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2065064/1
                        Paulbarrera12.com
                        Festiva Visualizer Project

Comment

^^ Seemed odd to me too, although I agree on powering down. Cut power asap.

Last edited by thered56; 08-12-2009, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Dry Ice is just that.. Dry. It has no liquid form and will actually dehydrate the spilled liquid.
                            -Caleb
                            Originally posted by cracked.com on the M203 w/ M433 HEDP
                            So, for about the same price as a fully-loaded 1993 Ford Festiva, you could also wield the power to obliterate a small village in the blink of an eye.

Comment

^kinda like when you vomit in a cold basment?

Comment

Working...
                              X