Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Mazda 121

:sign2:
    G'day, I'm located in Sydney Australia. I bought my Mazda 121 FunTop 10 months ago as a cheap daily.(i never took a pick with the canvas top )
    After 3 weeks i took the canvas top off as it leaked lots of water. Pot rivited a zinc plated 1mm thick sheet metal in its place.The stock radiator was so rusted it was amazing it held its shape. I had a radiator lying around from my 180sx with some work i made it fit. Few months ago i got all new tyres after one of the orignals delaminated at freeway speeds. Which was very scary. Recently i had the carby rebuilt as it giving major problems with idle and driving. Other than those its been trouble free motoring.
    The old owners used to live next to the ocean, so its got some rust issues, but there almost nearly taken care of. Currently i average around 6.2L/100kms or 37.92mpg with 35psi in the tyres.

Nice car...Gotta be the first fun top to hardtop conversion I've ever seen!! Any chance you'd be interested in tracking down some parts to sell to some of us over here?? I'd really like a hatch/gas release setup!
    "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

^^Xs2!^^
      Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
      - Unknown
      I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
      - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
      - Bumper Sticker

Comment

Nice, and welcome to the site !!
        sigpic
        The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
        https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
        Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Originally posted by lanemeyer14 View Post
          Nice car...Gotta be the first fun top to hardtop conversion I've ever seen!! Any chance you'd be interested in tracking down some parts to sell to some of us over here?? I'd really like a hatch/gas release setup!
          x3!! heheh...vultures ain't we...

But, welcome! Good to see any overseas member especially with pics right up front!

Comment

Nice work on the car. Welcome!
            1992 Green GL - "It's not easy being green" - Kermit - RIP killed by a tree
            1992 Aqua Funtop - Belle
            Wife of V8Festiva.

Madness Committee Member
            website www.festivamadness.com

Comment

OMG !!!...someone moved the steering wheel to the wrong side !!.....LOL...welcome mate !!.....ya gotta watch the vultures here, they leave nothing but empty shells around the USA / canada.......btw, I had the same experience you had except that my whole wheel, tire and brake drum decided to leave me at 80 mph on I-294 ( chicago ) at 5:00 pm in rush hour traffic and me in the lane next to the glare wall....luckily the peeps managed to slow down enuff whilst i danced across 3 lanes to the shoulder....got out took a look and said "well, guess it dont matter much now "....so i drove it another 2 miles off freeway and to a parking lot in small shopping mall...went back and retrieved it the next day w/ trailer....also, got the wheel and tire back too...nobody managed to hit it and it also bounced off the wall and ended up on shoulder......you picked a fine time to leave me loose wheel...
              1992 festy GL, loaded, stock, 79 K
              1994 Ford ranger - 2.3 I4 - 5 spd.
              1999 Ford ranger - 3.0L V6 - 365 K and rising ! ( shooting for 500 K )
              2000 Ford F-350 dually crew cab - 4x4 powerstroke !
              2003 Ford Focus SVT - supercharged
              2005 Saleen N20 Focus

" If it hurts when you do that, Dont do that !!! " - mikec

" Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill ! " - unknown

" Three can keep a secret, if two are dead ! " - Carlos Marcello

Comment

Nice !!! Welcome to ff.com and have fun with us.

BPT, G5M-R, BP26 Exintake swap + Fidanza cam gear, NSRT4 FMIC + 2.5" piping, HKS SSQV BOV, Exedy clutch, 3" downpipe + 2" all the way back, Aspire brake swap, KYB GR-2 & FMS coil spring , FMS EURO body kit + Carbon fiber hood, Falcon RTX 15X6½ + Toyo proxes T1R 195/45R15

Comment

Welcome to the site!! nice 121 by the way!

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                  1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                  2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Thanks for all the welcomes

Comment

hook me up with one of them steering wheels. ill trade you. or pay some big bucks.
                      it'll do the 1/8 in 13.7, spin tires, and make all my drunk buddies giggle.

"I like a Festiva because there's less car to get in the way of the driving experience"

Comment

Nice ride. I like alot! Any chance of you being able to get a hold of more of the hatch/gas release switches with cables??
                        ---------------------------------------------------
                        The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
                        ---------------------------------------------------
                        BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

Problem is i dont go to wreakers/junkyards unless i need something to keep the car on the road. Also there wasnt many of this shape 121 sold, so finding steering wheels will be hard. I read somewhere on here that the 323 hatch release fits festiva.

Comment

Nice 121! and welcome to FF.com!
                            -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
                            -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
                            -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

Hello Madness....nice car...welcome to the site.
                              Please take a moment and add your location...nice to know where people are and helps when questions pop up.
                              "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
                              89L Silver EFI auto
                              91GL Green Auto DD
                              There ain't no rest for the wicked
                              until we close our eyes for good.
                              I will sleep when I die!
                              I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Working...
                              X