Remove side trim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remove side trim

Best way to remove the side trim strips? Adhesive remover? Pull? Scrape?

1993 Ford Festiva L ($650)
    Mazda 1.8L BP - PaceSetter Header (in progress)
    Aspire Swap - 15x6.5 wheels, 205/50/15 tires
    >> Photo Album <<

Originally posted by jcbgrady View Post
    Best way to remove the side trim strips? Adhesive remover? Pull? Scrape?
    Maybe all of the above. As a pre-treatment, squirt them with WD-40 or GooGone. You can use a plastic scraper + pulling to get them off, or just pull. The scraper and/or elbow grease will get the rest of the old glue off.
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Pulling a piece of piano wire or strong fishing line behind them works well too. Then just use some goo gone (or your choice of glue remover) or my personal choice, a rubber wheel.
      -Caleb
      Originally posted by cracked.com on the M203 w/ M433 HEDP
      So, for about the same price as a fully-loaded 1993 Ford Festiva, you could also wield the power to obliterate a small village in the blink of an eye.

Comment

I just pulled mine off , laid them in the sun and they flattened out.Haven't removed adhesive yet.

Comment

Cool, thanks guys!

1993 Ford Festiva L ($650)
          Mazda 1.8L BP - PaceSetter Header (in progress)
          Aspire Swap - 15x6.5 wheels, 205/50/15 tires
          >> Photo Album <<

Comment

Working...
          X