Installed int. wipers today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installed int. wipers today

Thanks to sasquatch for the mint int. wiper stalk!! looks and works great!!

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Good stuff! I got mine from Sasquatch too, though mine is just sitting, waiting for Xiva to get started...though it'd be nice to have for the rainy season upcoming. How long did it take you to install? Then again, I got one with the cruise too, which would mean I'd need that unit too...haha

Comment

i dont understand waht is the diffrence in the wiperstalks like what is a int wiper like what is the diffrence?

Comment

Originally posted by thered56 View Post
        Good stuff! I got mine from Sasquatch too, though mine is just sitting, waiting for Xiva to get started...though it'd be nice to have for the rainy season upcoming. How long did it take you to install? Then again, I got one with the cruise too, which would mean I'd need that unit too...haha
        I have one with cruise but it got busted and i figured if i was going to buy one anyway i'd rather have one with out cruise so it matches the car

it took me about 15 mins to install, use a screw driver bit with a 1/4" socket/ratchet, instead of a full screwdriver and you can do it without taking out the steering column bolts

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Originally posted by hofficergrover View Post
          i dont understand waht is the diffrence in the wiperstalks like what is a int wiper like what is the diffrence?
          It's a 3rd postition where the wipers have a delay to them, and the variable ones you can adjust the delay time

Comment

ooo ok i got it thanks damkid

Comment

Ya know, I might have to get me one of those w/o cruise now for my dd. Good call on the screwdriver/rachet. I got this little bitty rachet with my tool set for screwdriver bits, seems that's probably the kinda thing that's for...

Nice sig, btw, gonna take some gettin used to though...

Comment

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
                I have one with cruise but it got busted and i figured if i was going to buy one anyway i'd rather have one with out cruise so it matches the car

it took me about 15 mins to install, use a screw driver bit with a 1/4" socket/ratchet, instead of a full screwdriver and you can do it without taking out the steering column bolts
                not sure what you mean by the steering column bolts? could you enlighten me please.
                "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
                89L Silver EFI auto
                91GL Green Auto DD
                There ain't no rest for the wicked
                until we close our eyes for good.
                I will sleep when I die!
                I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Is it just the stalk itself that is different or do you need something else too? What cars do these come out of? LX and GL Festys? Do any Ford or Mazda stalks work?
                  90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                  09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

older mazdas....but they will have the cruise on them here in the states. Not sure if we ever got the ones without cruise. I know they have them in Canada
                    89L Silver EFI auto
                    91GL Green Auto DD
                    I will sleep when I die!
                    I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Ohhh... I like the white stalk. I was only ever able to find them in orange. :\
                      Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Originally posted by GenevaDirt View Post
                        not sure what you mean by the steering column bolts? could you enlighten me please.
                        I meant you don't need to remove the bolts to lower the steering column to access the little screws better

Comment

I guess that is what I was wondering. I do not even get anywhere near the column like that. I pull the wheel...then the whole mechanism...unplug it....do the work and slap it back together....15 minutes tops.
                          89L Silver EFI auto
                          91GL Green Auto DD
                          I will sleep when I die!

Comment

I've never pulled the steering wheel to change the wiper stalk :lol: but it would make it easier :lol:

Comment

very easy....lol. I never thought of doing it any other way.
                              89L Silver EFI auto
                              91GL Green Auto DD
                              I will sleep when I die!

Comment

Working...
                              X