Brakequip Ez bend brake tube/lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brakequip Ez bend brake tube/lines

Any of you ever used or heard of this company and their ez bend brake tube/lines? From what I have read its getting pretty good reviews, bends easily by hand, can be custom made in the length you want with the fittings you want, is relatively cheap, and yes I know thats not much better than regular brake line BUT WAITit supposedly resists salt & rust almost if not as good as stainless steel? I am thinking about using this for my hard brake lines with the stainless steel braided at the wheels instead of rubber. Go to brakequip.com to look at it.

Ps I am looking for comments from people...even first impressions after looking at their website or things you have heard about this product or maybe others like it.

Comment

Looks promising. They've got a lot of the fittings covered. Must be you have to create an account to get prices?? At least I didn't see any. What's the material called that the hard lines are made of?? Unobtainium?? LOL.

Comment

Brakequip has been around a long time. They make good stuff.
        Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
        '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
        '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

My first impression is that it's a snake-oil type thing. I'd have to hold a piece of it and bend it by hand to really give you my thoughts. It could be awesome though. I wonder if there's a way to get a sample piece.
          -Caleb
          Originally posted by cracked.com on the M203 w/ M433 HEDP
          So, for about the same price as a fully-loaded 1993 Ford Festiva, you could also wield the power to obliterate a small village in the blink of an eye.

Comment

Are you talking about this product?:

Whether using stainless or EziBend tubing, BrakeQuip offers tubing designed to withstand the harshest of environments while also being easy to work with.

NAPA sells a similar or same product as do other parts stores. I've used the NAPA tubing. It's easy to form without bending tools. It's about twice the expense of standard brake tubing.

Don't even think of trying to sub this tubing for flexible rubber hose.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike McKown View Post
              Are you talking about this product?:

Whether using stainless or EziBend tubing, BrakeQuip offers tubing designed to withstand the harshest of environments while also being easy to work with.

NAPA sells a similar or same product as do other parts stores. I've used the NAPA tubing. It's easy to form without bending tools. It's about twice the expense of standard brake tubing.

Don't even think of trying to sub this tubing for flexible rubber hose.
              Yes that is the product. I wasn't planning on substititing it for flexible hose just hard lines. Besides being easy to form overall did you like the napa equivalent?

Comment

So, how'd it go today? Can't remember if you were starting on the brake lines, or just doing the front end stuff today. Other than not being able to see what they charge for their stuff, what they have looks pretty decent to work with.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
                1989 L - 247K miles Slick
                1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
                Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Originally posted by batstiva View Post
                  So, how'd it go today? Can't remember if you were starting on the brake lines, or just doing the front end stuff today. Other than not being able to see what they charge for their stuff, what they have looks pretty decent to work with.
                  Ended up not doing the front end stuff. On thursday my brakes went out while driving. Scary I tell you but no collisions or damage besides the busted line itself. This obviously bumped brakes to the top of the list of things to do. Thought I was going to have to park the car till I got the lines made but last minute friday the guy I work with at the shop was like bring it in and he will help me fix it. So I picked up the car from where I parked it, drove at least 10 miles with no brakes. Prior to this picked up parts. I must say its nice being a female and the parts guy takes a liking to you lol! I went in to the parts store I go to after hours and the parts guy gave me some brake line and fluid for free. anyway took the car to the shop and fixed the line. So I am back in business. Front end stuff will be this week.
                  Last edited by xlence; 08-15-2009, 09:07 PM.

Comment

Good to hear you got the Festiva back up and ... stopping? and that you made it out safe!
                    -Caleb
                    So, for about the same price as a fully-loaded 1993 Ford Festiva, you could also wield the power to obliterate a small village in the blink of an eye.

Comment

Originally posted by batstiva
                      ...it's nice being.... Crap, your brakes didn't go out again, did they?:p
                      Lol! No..I was transitioning from my phone to my pc.. so I stopped the post mid sentence. You should see the complete version now.

Comment

Yeah, I saw you came back and finished it, so I deleted mine.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
                        1989 L - 247K miles Slick
                        1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
                        Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Originally posted by pr0nst4r View Post
                          Good to hear you got the Festiva back up and ... stopping? and that you made it out safe!
                          Yeah thanks. I am a silly woman..I think it's a result of being in so many shall we say "non traditional" situations...I say I am silly because my first response after my brakes went out but I brought the car to a stop was to get under the car and check everything out. However as I was getting down on one knee...it dawned on me...I was in the middle of a service road with active traffic!...Maybe I should pull into the gas station out of traffic that I was sitting in front of???? Uhhh you think!!??? I laughed as I started pulling into the gas station like only I would attempt to get under a car in the middle of traffic lol!!!
                          Last edited by xlence; 08-15-2009, 09:22 PM.

Comment

It's ok xlence, I've done similar things. I once test drove my car around the parts store parking lot because I was so paranoid I'd have another coolant leak. I had replaced nearly all the lines at that point (was too broke to replace them all at once, or rather, didn't want to spend the whole chunk of change at once. It wound up costing me more in the long run.) and was carrying gallon jugs of water and a couple extra bottles of water wetter in my car.
                            -Caleb

Comment

Most major auto parts chains carry this type of line now, commonly known as Poly-Armour. It's very maleable and the coating makes it very resistant to corrosion. I started using this on a master cylinder conversion I developed for the early Econoline PUs and vans. I had a very tight spot that needed a 90 degree bend right out of the MC but could not bend a standard line that tight. I can use this line, take a piece of 3/16" rod in my vice and bend it 90 degrees behind the fitting with my hands without collapsing it. I also need a metric 12 mm fitting and bubble flare at the MC with a inverted flare and 3/8 x 24 SAE fitting on the other end. These are available right off the shelf. Very nice product.

Dennis in Oregon

Comment

Working...
                              X