new beast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new beast

Some of you may remember awhile back I was talking about getting a truck. Well, I finally got it today. It's not pretty, but mechanically it's decent. I don't care much about the body anyway, as long as it's not too rotted out. The important thing is dependability. It will be my daily until I get the caprice on the road. Then it will just be for winter use and towing/hauling. Here's the info: 1987 F150 XL, 4.9L I6, 4 speed manual, 4wd, 138k, 3 inch body lift, 31 inch BFG's, bunch of new parts including a new gas tank. All in all, an ugly beast of a truck, but for $700, I'm pretty happy.

1992 Subaru Legacy
    1988 Chevy Caprice Classic

Nice Truck. I wish I owned it.
    Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
    '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
    '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

Reminds me of my old work truck. 88 F150 4-speed with OD short bed single cab with the same exact bullbar, a 6" lift and on 44" tires. Those things are total beasts!! I love em.
      -Caleb
      Originally posted by cracked.com on the M203 w/ M433 HEDP
      So, for about the same price as a fully-loaded 1993 Ford Festiva, you could also wield the power to obliterate a small village in the blink of an eye.

Comment

Originally posted by pr0nst4r View Post
        a 6" lift and on 44" tires
        Holy crap that's huge! Got any pics?
        1992 Subaru Legacy

Comment

Nah, but I have to go back to the shop to pick up the rest of my tools and some other things and I'll take some pics while I'm there.
          -Caleb
          So, for about the same price as a fully-loaded 1993 Ford Festiva, you could also wield the power to obliterate a small village in the blink of an eye.

Comment

Nice truck. For only 700.00 :shock:
            Those old late 80s early 90s effeys are the best. You will have fun with that one.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
            1989 L - 247K miles Slick
            1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
            Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

That could be fun in the mud :lol:

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
              1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
              2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

The only thing that sucks is that you have to turn the steering wheel 90 degrees before it even does anything. That's a lot of play. I still have to figure out what's up with that. Oh, and the fuel gauge stays at full all the time. I'm pretty sure that means I'll never run out of gas.
                1992 Subaru Legacy

Comment

all that play is usually found in your steering gearbox, but don't rule out your rod ends and joints.
                  Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                  94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Well, he said the rod ends and ball joints were replaced. I hope I don't have to replace the steering gearbox.
                    1992 Subaru Legacy

Comment

actually, it;s not that bad of a job. you can test by having a friend sit inside and turn the wheel side to side while you're underneath watching the column rod (shaft going to the box) look for play before the box and look at the joints for movement as well. truck must have the wheels on the ground for this.
                      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

While you're at it, you should check to make sure the replaced parts were indeed replaced correctly.
                        -Caleb

Comment

Working...
                        X