Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me Accelerate harder!! please

Hi all,

I just recieved a Festiva GLXi Sportz from my grandmother a month or two ago.

It's a 4spd Automatic and quite a slug... is the any chance that i will one day be able to accelerate away from traffic lights without the bloke in the line beside me passing?

I've just start uni and need a this car to get me from A to B and from B to A lol

What are the "mods" known to be effective for the festiva to get a bit more peep?

Festiva GLXi Sportz 1.5 SOHC 4spd 5dr Hutchback Champane Silver (faded from sun)

Maybe putting in a manual transmission might help?

Not sure about motor swaps, because your Festiva is different than the ones in the States.

Regards,

Tim
    White '89L auto - Sold!
    Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

What year is it?

Take it back to the back porch, join the 3 string revolution.

Comment

it's a 99' its exactly the same as the Ford Aspire

Festiva GLXi Sportz 1.5 SOHC 4spd 5dr Hutchback Champane Silver (faded from sun)

Comment

Originally posted by festivaglxisportz
          it's a 99' its exactly the same as the Ford Aspire

swaping to manual trans. would help, but not easy to do if you're limited on time, space and money.

other option is to strip out as much weight from the car as possible.

minor things to try. (as learned from driving a Geo Metro w/ and auto.trans.)
          One method is called "Creeping" where you stop .5m to 1m from where the stop line is, and let the car start rolling forward just before the light changes colour.
          the other, harsher method is like above, but hit the gas 2 or 3 seconds before the light changes rather than roll forward. This will eat your kpL at bit.
          "Nothing's gonna grieve us
          When we drive Festivas
          I could go a hundred miles an hour
          Long as I got the Almighty Power
          With my plastic Jesus
          Riding on the dashboard of my car"

Comment

Working...
          X