No announcement yet.

Looking to buy a festiva need advise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looking at top speed, im hoping it can do 80 easily.

And AC is huge for me, looking through those charts show it just being an option on all models. I guess this search is going to be harder than i thought.

Comment

Depending on your location, it shouldn't really be a problem. Seeing that you live somewhere that it's hot a lot, you'll probably have an easy time of finding one with A/C
      -Caleb
      Originally posted by cracked.com on the M203 w/ M433 HEDP
      So, for about the same price as a fully-loaded 1993 Ford Festiva, you could also wield the power to obliterate a small village in the blink of an eye.

Comment

Originally posted by pr0nst4r View Post
        Depending on your location, it shouldn't really be a problem. Seeing that you live somewhere that it's hot a lot, you'll probably have an easy time of finding one with A/C
        I don't know about that. It gets dang hot around here and you would be amazed and the no AC Festivas we've found.
        1992 Green GL - "It's not easy being green" - Kermit - RIP killed by a tree
        1992 Aqua Funtop - Belle
        Wife of V8Festiva.

Madness Committee Member
        website www.festivamadness.com

Comment

Originally posted by Nickb1907 View Post
          now that needs to be a sticky somewhere, thanks guys. So the auto gets how many mpg? I know the 5 sp should see 40-50 right? Just really worried about the loose shifter, has i drive with a short throw hurst now and love it.

btw what do these cars top out at?
          My blue car (Blue) with stock EFI motor and 5-speed gets about 56 MPG at 60 MPH. Don;t know about top speed, but I'd guess at least 80. Autos are slower and get much worse mileage, as mentioned mid-30s.

My white car (Casper) will probably get 40 MPG or high 30s at least. It should easily see 140 MPH. See my sig.
          90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
          09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

An auto car would probably not do 80 MPH because i have an auto and at seventy the RPM's are really high
            '90 LX

Comment

looking at top speed, im hoping it can do 80 easily.

No problem. They will do 80 all day long. Id say they'll top out at a little over 100 stock

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!
              Last edited by freshtiva; 08-21-2009, 09:17 PM.
              sigpic
              The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
              https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
              Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

When I'm not aiming for max-mpg's, I cruise all day long at 75-80MPH at just around 3K (like Fresh's vid.) your MPG's will suffer though (high 30's in a carbed, low 40's in an EFI my experience)

FX
                Because....45 MPG.

Comment

I have wanted one for about 5 years now. I need a good daily driver high mpg car and i think this would do it, right now i have a jeep on 35s and it gets 10 mpg.

Nick -- Like the guys said, the fuel injected are probably a bit better to drive, and a 5-speed a must !
                  You need to remember, these are pretty light weight cars, and sheet metal delicate. Abusing them, slamming doors, sitting on hood, leaning on the sides .....stuff like that, is not good for the appearance. Unless you get one already kind of beat, I would be aware of all this. I am not saying they can not be driven fast, but safety first !
                  They are not as heavy as your Jeep, and other bigger cars, so care needs to be had on the Festivas. Also, if you drive very fast, any winds or roughness on roads you will notice, so be aware. I have seen guys treat them like their monster truck, and pretty soon the Festivas are a heap of a "throw away" car. That is the attitude I have seen -

But the practicality and handling ease the Festivas have are awesome ! I have had the old VW bugs, beetles, and our Festivas are so much ahead of them, its like WOW

I think a GEO Metro is also good on fuel, but I think the Festiva is just a better car, solid, and it is sad they all seem to be neglect by the common motor public. This site has all kinds of info for you, lots of experienced guys. I just think you need to baby our Festivas and be sensible in driving them, to make them last a lifetime...and I do believe they can do that !

:sunny:
                  Last edited by Pu241; 08-22-2009, 10:10 AM. Reason: fixed quote

Comment

in that video, is that car a five speed
                    '90 LX

Comment

I had mine up to 80, then slowed down since I was on my way home from buying it and had no plate, insurance, etc. and I didn't want a ticket either. Mine's an '89 EFI Automatic.

Edit: oops, somehow missed the fact that there were 3 pages, and thought the post at the bottom of page 1 was the last... fail.
                      Last edited by Schildir; 08-21-2009, 11:39 PM. Reason: Pagefail

Comment

Originally posted by wybnrml View Post
                        in that video, is that car a five speed
                        Yes that video was in my car Freshtiva.
                        sigpic
                        The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                        https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                        Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Originally posted by pr0nst4r View Post
                          Here's the differences between the cars:

88-90 http://67.15.110.164/options1.html

91-93 http://67.15.110.164/options2.html

It's kind of weird to figure out, but once you get the hang of it, it works great.
                          now that needs to be a sticky somewhere, thanks guys. So the auto gets how many mpg? I know the 5 sp should see 40-50 right? Just really worried about the loose shifter, has i drive with a short throw hurst now and love it.

Cough cough look @ the background see the festiva's? Its from the site here...
                          It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

Originally posted by wybnrml View Post
                            An auto car would probably not do 80 MPH because i have an auto and at seventy the RPM's are really high
                            They will, had one up to 85 before..
                            -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
                            -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
                            -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

when mine was up and running, i regularly ran 75-80 mph on I-294 here in chicago area ( im in process of getting it back up to speed here )...car handled well, better than alot of cars out there...i never checked mileage and i just looked at one for sale about a week ago that i passed on for 500 ( rusty, no options ) .., but the guy told me he was getting 53 mpg ( how true , i dont know )...1990 efi 5 spd....mine is a 1992 efi 5spd GL.with factory A/C and factory sunroof...now has 79 K miles on it,,,I looked long and hard to find this one...almost two years ...to find one with these factory options on it already ( also has rear window defrost and rear wiper / factory alum wheels )....good luck on your search...this is a pretty good site, lots of help here ..someone mentioned 140 mph ( tv) ...i dont think so, even with mods.... when i worked for jaguar engineering on the jag S type ( 3.0L v6 ) ...our terminal velocity was 153 which we ran at pecos, texas.....so i dont think you would see 140 out of a festy....
                              1992 festy GL, loaded, stock, 79 K
                              1994 Ford ranger - 2.3 I4 - 5 spd.
                              1999 Ford ranger - 3.0L V6 - 365 K and rising ! ( shooting for 500 K )
                              2000 Ford F-350 dually crew cab - 4x4 powerstroke !
                              2003 Ford Focus SVT - supercharged
                              2005 Saleen N20 Focus

" If it hurts when you do that, Dont do that !!! " - mikec

" Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill ! " - unknown

" Three can keep a secret, if two are dead ! " - Carlos Marcello

Comment

Originally posted by muscle_Car1 View Post
                                Cough cough look @ the background see the festiva's? Its from the site here...
                                using those charts is making me pick out my dream festiva, to bad ill im finding are clunkers

Thanks guys for answering my questions, im a little more confident in getting one now. But im looking at b6t swap now, i have a car modding problem

Anyone know of a short throw shifter for the 5 speed? Im assuming there is very little aftermarket support.

Comment

Working...
                                X