14 inch rims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 14 inch rims

sorry if this is a repeat I did search but wasnt finding anything. Does anyone have 14" rims on and if so what tire size is recomended?
    -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
    -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

geo storm wheels

Comment

I have 185/60x14s on 6" wide rims. Just barely works; make sure you have good rear struts. You might want to roll your rear fenders for more clearance.
        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
        09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

195/45x14 is the tire that is nearly the same diameter as stock. Toyo Proxies
          If you go up to 185/60x14 you get alot more selection at a considerably lower price.
          http://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireSe...er=14&x=22&y=6
          And in that size Ive read alot of good reviews of the General Tire Altimax HP, not just at Tire Rack but other places as well.

But if youre speedo is saying 60 youll actually only be doing 55.
          Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
          - Unknown
          I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
          - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
          - Bumper Sticker

Comment

Originally posted by MONSOON View Post
            195/45x14 is the tire that is nearly the same diameter as stock. Toyo Proxies
            If you go up to 185/60x14 you get alot more selection at a considerably lower price.
            http://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireSe...er=14&x=22&y=6
            And in that size Ive read alot of good reviews of the General Tire Altimax HP, not just at Tire Rack but other places as well.

But if youre speedo is saying 60 youll actually only be doing 55.

I have the Toyo Proxies in 195/45/14, they are great tires, but expensive and hard to find. Just for reference in the future, is there any rubbing with the 185/60/14? That's probably what I would go with, it would be way cheaper and easier to find.

Comment

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
              Do you need spacers to use these wheels?
              Is that someone there ??? 1981 VW diesel pickup---1988.5 Suzuki Samurai tin top---1993 Festiva---1974 Bricklin SV-1 ( very thirsty basket case)---2003 Tracker(bells and whistles)

)

Comment

Aspire conversion

No spacers. Just the Aspire suspension.
                I found a set of spacers on a Festiva at the wrecker's.
                If you were putting on some really wide rubber, then let me know.
                Last edited by bravekozak; 08-23-2009, 05:05 AM.

Comment

Are these bolt on spacers that you found? Or just spacer plates? Are they for the factory festiva hubs?
                  Is that someone there ??? 1981 VW diesel pickup---1988.5 Suzuki Samurai tin top---1993 Festiva---1974 Bricklin SV-1 ( very thirsty basket case)---2003 Tracker(bells and whistles)

)

Comment

spacer plates

They are spacer plates for the factory hubs.

Last edited by bravekozak; 08-23-2009, 05:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by drof 89 View Post
                      Do you need spacers to use these wheels?
                      I need spacer plates for my Estrellas, on the rear only. The offset is 35mm I think; I am using about a 1/4" spacer. The rims are 6" wide. For 5.5" or narrower rims you probably won't need spacers on the rear.
                      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Working...
                      X