ford revoknuckle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ford revoknuckle

ford went and fixed torque steer and im betting with some long nights and a front axle off a truck. this could be made to work with any front wheel drive with a little math. id post some pics and such but im on dialup. just look up the revoknuckle or the ford focus rs. very cool stuff.
    is not sposed ta do that...
    05 subaru legacy gt
    1991 nissan nx2000(almost awesome as a festiva, my first failed mtx)
    1988(?) festiva LX 5spd (rescued from crusher,aspire swap done, working on turbocharging the 1.3...)

im baffled by your thread

Comment

search Google and like he said....it will explain what he is talking about.
      "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
      89L Silver EFI auto
      91GL Green Auto DD
      There ain't no rest for the wicked
      until we close our eyes for good.
      I will sleep when I die!
      I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Why would you use an axle out of a truck for revo knuckle setup?? I don't think anyone will adapt that to fit a festiva for various reasons. One, it new on the market. Two, it costs an arm and a leg. Three, people would rather throw money into a bigger engine/turbo setup and deal with the torque steer.

Good thoughts though. Maybe I'll get to see one in the junkyard sometime soon.
        Last edited by festivaWES; 08-28-2009, 08:35 PM.
        ---------------------------------------------------
        The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
        BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

with the way people drive...I am sure you will
          "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
          89L Silver EFI auto
          91GL Green Auto DD
          There ain't no rest for the wicked
          until we close our eyes for good.
          I will sleep when I die!
          I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

We had a car delivered today. At a far glance i though it was a hyundai genesis. Boo only a 2008 tiburon.
            The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
            BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

dig around till you find the pf slideshow on it. the lower a arm has an sleeve and only allows up and down motion. above that is a c shaped piece held in place with two ball joints the tierod holds to. this arrangement allows the kingpin angle to be alot closer to the wheel center, all but eliminating the steering effect from torque differential between the two drive wheels.

Basically your 300hp festiva will no longer try and change lanes when you floor it. itll just go.
              is not sposed ta do that...
              05 subaru legacy gt
              1991 nissan nx2000(almost awesome as a festiva, my first failed mtx)
              1988(?) festiva LX 5spd (rescued from crusher,aspire swap done, working on turbocharging the 1.3...)

Comment

Just another thing to break and replace in my book - its a neat concept though

91 L - modified to SLX- "Tin Can Project"
                http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2850897
                92 GL - parts car
                97 aspire - parts car
                87 323 DX - daily driver

Visit My Store - New Products available!
                http://www.cafepress.com/tunner

Car enthusiasts will respect all makes and models that preform.
                Brand enthusiasts are the root of all problems in the car community.

Comment

Working...
                X