Where to buy??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to buy??

Ok got first car so needing some advice .

where to get kia pride spoiler and turn signals?
    how to fix clutch. just remove tranny or tranny and engine. good upgrades for clutch. going to go with b6 motor later so will upgrades work with current 1.3?
    Headlights? special order or just go to auto store?

thanks

Great Britian , Germany, Europe in general if you look long enough. Ebay for those countries are the best bet as well as here. Also you can watch for items in the FS/FT Forum or post your own [WTB] thread there.

If you havent bought a Haynes or the Factory Service manuals for your year Festiva. Those should be your first purchase over anything else. IMO
    Last edited by MONSOON; 09-03-2009, 03:56 PM.
    Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
    - Unknown
    I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
    - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
    - Bumper Sticker

Comment

Headlight, I would not go to a parts store. Was in one a few weeks ago and a guy was in there looking for Festiva headlights. Store price- 148.88 a piece. :shock: :shock:

Talked to the guy outside, gave him directions to a couple of junkyards I know of that have stivas, and told him he could probably pull them himself for 20-30 bucks a piece.

I would say either j/y, or watch ebay. They are on there all the time. Or post up in the FS/WTB section.

As far as the Kia Pride stuff, I'd take MONSOON's advice on that.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
      1989 L - 247K miles Slick
      1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
      Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Are the headlights busted or just rusty on the reflectors? According to what the pics look like from the CL link you posted looks to be just rusted reflectors. There was a write up not too long ago about removal of the glass and refinishing the "shiny" part. I've had pretty decent luck so far on 2 of mine by just grabbing the glass from different angles and working them till they pop off. then clean off the rust and go to the local hardware store and get some aluminum tape like is used on duct work to repair the reflector. I've used clear silicone adhesive/sealer to reinstall the glass. Hope this helps.
        Last edited by lessersivad; 09-03-2009, 09:44 PM.

Comment

not really sure have to look at it later when i get the car

Comment

The only place I have ever seen Pride spoilers is England. And there expensive to ship.
            Brian
            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
            :fish:

Comment

headlights have water in them so im gonna tear them down clean and reseal them.

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzyyard View Post
                headlights have water in them so im gonna tear them down clean and reseal them.

Could be the O ring in the back where the bulb goes in. If so put some vaseoline on the O ring clean everything good and tighten it back up. They get dried out sometimes and wont seal.
                sigpic
                The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Working...
                X