X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello All, just got my new Festiva

Hey everyone,

My name is Andrew, and im the new Proud owner of a festiva

1988, 4 speed, bought it with just under 64,000 miles.

It needs some brake work, and 2 rear struts. Otherwise, i love it.

Ive been driving it to work every day, and its getting a ton of attention. Most people at my work cant believe i bought something so ludacris, but they all kinda like it in there own way.

OH, and i bought it for $350.00

Thats my favorite part of the story.

91 Festiva L no options, not one. 92 240sx sr20det, 2012 Kia Soul Red Rock Edition.

Nice Congrats.
    1973 Cb750 haven't touched it yet with no idea what I am planning on doing with it
    1978 25th Anniversary edition Corvette
    1983 Chevy Elcamino
    1993 Ford Festiva GL
    2003 Hyundia Santa Fe ( Wifes Daily driver)
    some old dodge motorhome I have no idea of the year

Comment

Nice Score!! Looks to have been well kept by the previous owner. DD or you got plans for it?

And welcome to FF.COM :thumbright:

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
      1989 L - 247K miles Slick
      1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
      Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Good buy! or should i say steal! Really clean.
        Last edited by drddan; 09-06-2009, 04:11 PM.
        Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
        Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
        Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
        Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
        http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

Looks like its gonna be my new DD, only thing i would wanna do with it; is a swap for better Fuel Economy. My last 240sx was getting 19mpg. But i have a 3 mile drive to work. So this new car, along with hopefully 40mpg aught to get me to work quite a few times inbetween fill ups.
          91 Festiva L no options, not one. 92 240sx sr20det, 2012 Kia Soul Red Rock Edition.

Comment

40 mpg is definitely do-able. Mine averages 42-43 mpg pulling mountains every day.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
            1989 L - 247K miles Slick
            1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
            Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Call the cops ! You stole that car. Why are festivas alway missing the battery hold down pieces ? Do people just throw those away ?

Welcome to the forum !!!!
              sigpic
              The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
              https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
              Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

I come from a group of people that say pics or it didnt happen. So just in case lol

I come from owning a few fast cars. And this is much better than i expected. I was thinking about gutting it, and stripping the interior as much as possible. But to me its in great condition, and i dont want to rip it all apart. So it will stay full interior for a while

Comment

Welcome, you got a great deal. The car looks like the PO took good care of it.
                  1992 Green GL - "It's not easy being green" - Kermit - RIP killed by a tree
                  1992 Aqua Funtop - Belle
                  Wife of V8Festiva.

Madness Committee Member
                  website www.festivamadness.com

Comment

For 350, I'd roll in that. That thing looks be be rust free, and really clean. Needs a few hours of detailing though. Nice score, welcome aboard! :wave:
                    ---------------------------------------------------
                    The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
                    ---------------------------------------------------
                    BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

Welcome Very nice find

Comment

very nice.....great price...welcome to the site
                        "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
                        89L Silver EFI auto
                        91GL Green Auto DD
                        There ain't no rest for the wicked
                        until we close our eyes for good.
                        I will sleep when I die!
                        I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Well done. Use LOTS of PB Blaster on the lower rear strut bolts; go out there every day for a week and give 'em a squirt before even attempting to remove those bolts.
                          90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                          09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

oh...I forgot about that....why does it need new struts after just 64,000 miles?
                            "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
                            89L Silver EFI auto
                            91GL Green Auto DD
                            There ain't no rest for the wicked
                            until we close our eyes for good.
                            I will sleep when I die!
                            I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

I was told by the previous owner to start spraying as well, but thanks for the reinforcment. I can push the back of the car down with a mear few lbs. And it will easily travel a few inches. Also, 1 main problem as of now, it only has 3 working breaks. Reason for this is because the drivers side front brake line. "The metal line" exploded a day before i bought it. And when i needed to get the car home, we just cut the line, and crimped it upon itself. It no longer leaks and the other 3 brakes work fine, but i cant wait to have that other brake back. Haha, my mechanic is doing it on wednesday along with all the other things, just to save time. But i wonder....how difficult it would be to put a double flare"" on some metal line, and remake the new line from the brake distribution block to the front caliper...

Comment

Working...
                              X