New owner...again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New owner...again

A couple years ago I bought a 1988 Festiva LX and loved the little bugger. Last week I found a 5-speed 1992 Festiva GL and although it's overheating, couldn't let it pass for $400. There's oil in the coolant but no water in the oil. I think it's time to do a simple swap like a SOHC B6. I flushed the radiator and re-torqued the head bolts but still overheats so instead of messing with the B3, it's getting something else to replace the tired engine. I've added an Alpine IDA-X100 head unit and will be replacing the speakers soon. The steering will be a Momo Pilota 2 wheel which I already have and I already tossed the stock shifter knob. I'm still debating which kind of wheels to get. Anyway, here are some pictures of the car I just took today:

Oscar

Very nice

Comment

That is a clean little car... You got a heck of a deal on that, even with it overheating!
      The normal is not always normal... MOST is not ALL... And any job can be hard if you don't have the right tools!!!

My Fleet:
      89 L 4spd (Daily Driver(if it isn't broke down)) "Spanky"

Comment

WOW.........That's 1 nice festiva Good find. And Welcome to this site.

I don't know what's up with that smily????
        -Greg
        Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
        BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
        Redneck Engineer
        FOTY - '09
        5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Very nice Cali car, no rust FTW! Change that t-stat.......but swapping is always the better idea!
          ---------------------------------------------------
          The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
          ---------------------------------------------------
          BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

Nice, clean, rust free, what's not to like. Nice find!!!

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
            1989 L - 247K miles Slick
            1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
            Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Originally posted by festivaWES View Post
              Very nice Cali car, no rust FTW! Change that t-stat.......but swapping is always the better idea!
              I tried! No t-stat in the housing! Obviously the car overheated before and the PO removed the thermostat thinking that it would cure the blown head gasket or warped head. There's absolutely no rust on the car, not even in the spare wheel well and it even has the original tools.
              Oscar

Comment

whats that in the glove box?

Comment

Originally posted by fillmorr View Post
                  whats that in the glove box?
                  The Alpine's cable for the iPod
                  Oscar

Comment

Man, that is ree-diculously good for $400! Now for the swap...:-)
                    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

I had some time to kill tonight and put some orange gauges (no tach though), a steering wheel I had laying around in the garage, and a small shift knob. Tomorrow I'll replace the air/heater controls for orange ones.

Oscar

Comment

Working...
                      X