Festiva your only vehicle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Festiva your only vehicle?

I just got to wondering today how many here rely on Festivas as their sole mode of transport. I figured the are a second car or a work car for many, but alot of people have multiple Festys. Who has a Festiva only and then maybe back up festys for when the main one is down. No other cars.
    I have one, My wife and daughter each have one as well. That's all we use for daily driving. I do have the Econoline I could use if I have to, but they couldn't drive it. Its a three on the tree, no power anything! Plus its always garaged and I don't use it for daily driving. Only when I need a truck or car shows/cruise ins. The hawk is in pieces.:0(
    Anyone have only Festivas?
    Last edited by David88; 09-10-2009, 09:19 PM.
    '89L 110k mi. BP/G swapped
    '90LX 68k mi. wrecked 12/14 RIP
    '90 F250 4X4 108K mi.
    '13 Kia Rio 5 LX 70k mi.
    '18 Kia Soul 40k mi. Daily
    '64 Studebaker Gran Turismo Hawk
    '66 International Harvester pickup

That's all I drive.
    And yes, I have a few backups.
    '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
    '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
    '92 Aqua parts Car
    '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
    '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
    Your holy ghost will not save you.
    Your God plutonium will not save you.
    In fact...
    ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Yes, since my Malibu crapped out on me, my Festy is my sole means of transportation. The only plans I have as far as changing that would be addtional Stivas. :mrgreen:

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
      1989 L - 247K miles Slick
      1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
      Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

I'd like to get to that point sometime here in the future, but my wife like her mitsu's
        ---------------------------------------------------
        The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
        ---------------------------------------------------
        BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

My blue Festy is my daily driver; Casper I drive about 1/4 of the time; the others not at all; the Subaru I drive once a week to keep the seals lubed more than anything. That's my winter car.
          90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
          09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

I have a 2001 gti but I havn't really driven it in a year & a 1950 plymouth coupe that I need to dedicate a lot of time to get moving under its own power. Wife has festys I have festys, so yes only festys are driven in our home
            It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

MY 89 L is my daily driver.
              1960 willys pickup
              1967 jeep cj5

1988 festiva
              1989 festiva
              1990 festiva for parts
              1991 s-10

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" —Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Comment

i use my festiva as my main transportation have my swift gt as mu back up and 750 shadow for fun

Comment

i drive the festiva in the morning. the WRX in the evening.

Comment

my 89 l is also my DD which I get nervous everytime I work on it because if I make a mistake, I would have to borrow my exz accord.

Comment

Yes, the DeathEgg is my only vehicle I use. (btw, it turned 21 years old last week!! Yay!)
                      I do have my '69 VW Fasty in storage in Pittsburgh, which I hope to get running again when I return soon. Also hope to get another Festy that is a bit less rusty than mine.
                      If it has boobs or wheels, sooner or later you're going to have trouble with it.
                      Mark S.

Comment

I have just my one Festiva. If it were to be out of commission and I needed to drive somewhere, I would borrow one of my parent's cars. If I couldn't do that, I would be stuck riding my 50cc motorized bike.

Comment

The wife and I rely on a festiva everyday. I did drive the EGT to work twice this week though, that was unusual. Wanted to run it some.
                          sigpic
                          The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                          https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                          Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

my festy is my main and only source of trans...
                            did alawys have back ups but got layed off and crap went down hill since.
                            sold both my bikes. and my jeep. and my 2002 f150 4x4 had to give it back to bank
                            this all happend in 1 months time
                            93L sold. First FESTY!
                            91L blue monster "BP swapped!" Robbed of its Heart for other Festy!
                            91GL blue bandit(thanks to sparky) Sold twice! lol
                            89L (thanks again to sparky) "SCRAPPED without my permission!!!!:nono:
                            93L Clean Green Machine! (Thanks to Sedat)-Sold to other member!
                            89 Auto LX Wrecked and stripped. violin
                            93GL Sold Too Soon!
                            91GL BP powered, ALL OPTIONS! banana time

Comment

Originally posted by David88 View Post
                              Its a three on the tree..
                              There may be young people here who have no idea what that means.
                              If it has boobs or wheels, sooner or later you're going to have trouble with it.
                              Mark S.

Comment

Working...
                              X