Fiesta Diesel clocked 74.05 mpg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fiesta Diesel clocked 74.05 mpg

The new Fiesta keeps getting accolades. By time it hits the U.S.A. it will be yesterday's lettuce.

Gas car:.....33.4 MPH average, 52.76 MPG
    Diesel car:..33.6 MPH average, 74.05 MPG
    Festiva:........60 MPH average, 50.5 MPG
    Festiva:........55 MPH average, 58.0 MPG
    Festiva:........45 MPH average, 62.5 MPG

Guess I need to find a place to do a run at 33 MPH. Note that their test was done on a track.
    Last edited by TominMO; 09-10-2009, 09:44 PM.
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

The Fiesta won't be availible in Diesel in the US. Diesel cars seem to be more of a European thing, but I think it would be a good idea to offer more cars with Diesel engine options, because of the good MPG.
      '90 LX

Comment

Originally posted by wybnrml View Post
        The Fiesta won't be availible in Diesel in the US. Diesel cars seem to be more of a European thing, but I think it would be a good idea to offer more cars with Diesel engine options, because of the good MPG.
        Totally agree; sux that they don't.
        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

I could care less i hate workin gon diesels, oil stains BAD!
          ---------------------------------------------------
          The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
          ---------------------------------------------------
          BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

Originally posted by festivaWES View Post
            If it's motor oil yes. To me, WVO=good.

Comment

Originally posted by festivaWES View Post
              Yeah but gas cars have oil too, diesels have about the same amount. I wish we had more diesels here, more power per gallon & torque'y as hell
              It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

i hate working on my friends truck.... so much carbon in the oil and under the truck from running open down pipe for a bit... you cant touch anything on it with out getting dirty

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
                  Gas car:.....33.4 MPH average, 52.76 MPG
                  Diesel car:..33.6 MPH average, 74.05 MPG
                  Festiva:........60 MPH average, 48.0 MPG (with rear windows open)
                  Festiva:........60 MPH average, 50.5 MPG
                  Festiva:........60 MPH average, 52.1 MPG (with ignition advanced)
                  Festiva:........55 MPH average, 58.0 MPG
                  Festiva:........45 MPH average, 62.5 MPG

Guess I need to find a place to do a run at 33 MPH. Note that their test was done on a track.
                  Edited the above to add data from other tests.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

^^The top 2 were not with tom driving ....so they are not accurate!!
                    -Greg
                    Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                    BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                    Redneck Engineer
                    FOTY - '09
                    5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

^^ Oh, I think they are. Probably 4th gear. No air resistance to speak of at 33 MPH. But we'll show them what Festys can do.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

That article is more than 3 years old. Also they were on a track and there was no stop and go, so their test does not even apply to real world driving.
                        The Festiva Store
                        Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

Originally posted by nonamekid View Post
                          That article is more than 3 years old. Also they were on a track and there was no stop and go, so their test does not even apply to real world driving.
                          Absolutely. Still, I want to try a run att 33 MPH just for the honor of Festys, if I can find a good safe venue.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
                            Absolutely. Still, I want to try a run att 33 MPH just for the honor of Festys, if I can find a good safe venue.
                            Absolutely. I am sure you will come up with a better number also. There are so many number of factors that make a difference that we can't even begin to factor in. Here are a few I can think of that make minor differences: air temp, road temp, road surface type (asphalt, concrete, chip seal), tire pressure, humidity, wind speed and direction, tailing or being tailed by another car...
                            The Festiva Store
                            Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

Working...
                            X