Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Festiva newbie with questions

Hi all
    New here have just become the owner of a 1996 Ford Festiva (Australia) 5 door auto hatch. Only just got my learners so Mum & Dad found the car for me to learn to drive. Anyway when searching the net Festiva's seem to be sold under a lot of different names wondering what the 1996 Festiva sold in OZ was called when sold in other countries. Car is all original at moment but would like to maybe fit some mags & decals & stuff
    Thanks
    Ben

Welcome, I don't really know about overseas festivas but alot of people here do and would be glad to help you with anything.

The festiva was sold as the mazda 121, kia pride, and ford festiva. From what I hear (may be wrong) the festiva is mazda parts, built by kia and sold as a ford which is intertwined between the names.

O and post pictures man, a 5 door hatch sounds awsome.

Comment

^^Being a 96, it is also US badged as Aspire, and Jap badged as Avella. A few made it across to Europe and even Russia, both Avella.
      There is also a small market in EN-ZED (Festiva) but they have lots of cool (but limited) stuff like soft tops, fast glass and central lock!

BTW welcome to the forums Ben! I am in Sydney myself- where ya from mate?

Comment

Originally posted by festymick View Post
        ^^Being a 96, it is also US badged as Aspire, and Jap badged as Avella. A few made it across to Europe and even Russia, both Avella.
        There is also a small market in EN-ZED (Festiva) but they have lots of cool (but limited) stuff like soft tops, fast glass and central lock!

BTW welcome to the forums Ben! I am in Sydney myself- where ya from mate?
        Thanks for the replies I am 40K north of Brisbane

Comment

Welcome to the Site
          Mick is correct on the Badging - In the US the 97 Aspire (Festy to you) came with ABS, and clear lighting

Originally posted by festymick View Post
          You happen to have any pictures of these stuffs?

91 L - modified to SLX- "Tin Can Project"
          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2850897
          92 GL - parts car
          97 aspire - parts car
          87 323 DX - daily driver

Visit My Store - New Products available!
          http://www.cafepress.com/tunner

Car enthusiasts will respect all makes and models that preform.
          Brand enthusiasts are the root of all problems in the car community.

Comment

Welcome..
            -Greg
            Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
            BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
            Redneck Engineer
            FOTY - '09
            5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

That's cool Ben.
              I'm sure there's a small handful of enthusiasts your way as well....

If you are interested- there is a sister site (though not as busy) for the 2nd gen Festiva (94-00). www.fordaspire.com

Here's a couple of pics of (member) Bubbles' 2 door from New Zealand. Note the smooth (and differently shaped) front and rear bars, central lock and powered windows. There is also centre console arm rests and the obvious soft top.

I also have this link i have been slowly building. It could provide some inspiration or ideas for improving, restoring or modifying your Festy.

Comment

Welcome aboard! Take a minute and update your profile to add your location. And remember Search is your friend!
                Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
                - Unknown
                I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
                - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
                - Bumper Sticker

Comment

Welcome Aboard!!! And just so you know, when you post up about your car, pics are kind of mandatory.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
                  1989 L - 247K miles Slick
                  1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
                  Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcomes will try & add some pics soon

Comment

Working...
                    X