Newsletter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newsletter

Has there ever been a snail mail newsletter about the Festiva community? I would love it if there was a magazine or something and can tell us when there is a meet, etc. Are there any shops that can and will do custom mods to Festivas? Where are they? I would like to know how Festiva Motorsports is doing businesswise. I have had a project that I can't seem to commit to and am hoping Roger is continuing to be patient with me while I make up my mind to call him and order all the parts and kits. There is sooooooo much info on the fordfestiva website that I don't have time to read it all. I just need a friend.
    89 Festiva, 95 Aspire brake and engine swap. Future air ride suspension as soon as I figure out how.
    Stuart
    (Noodtiva)

Welcome Stuart!

I think you'll find people will be happy to help you here as long as you do your part and take some time to read as much as you can about what's important to you and applies to your potential project. You might consider this winter to be a great time to do that, along with making a few exploratory trips to the junkyards for additional "research."

Also in the meantime, maybe you can find one of us in your area to get with and visit to exchange ideas.

If you haven't already done so, get some general "car repair and theory" books to look through as well, and maybe find someone working on a different car to watch and talk with.

Starting with little projects is another way to gain knowledge. Failing, or in addition to, all of the above, simply taking apart some of your car or doing little projects will gain you knowledge.

As for a "newsletter," that would be nice, but this website and the Festiva Mailing List are the only things going right now. A hard copy newsletter would cost postage and require a lot more work to put out.

As for Roger at FMS, we're all hoping he improves on his business acumen and responses to inquiries. His new website is a great start. I'll be needing a few things from FMS this spring for my next suspension swap.

As far as I know there are no custom shops working specifically on Festivas or Aspires. Most of the stuff here will be "do it yourself." After you do so, you'll have further "pride of ownership."

Karl
    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

I have had 6 Festivas and have been a Ford Festiva member for 2 years. I guess I come and go based on my commitment and other needs. I use pimptiva.com as my home page. I converted a carb festiva to a fuel injected one with an Aspire engine block. I learned from you guys out East what to do. I have not used fordfestiva.com in a very long time and hence my newletter questions. Thanks for the reply. I will just have to recommit to my 89 and you will be hearing more from me.
      89 Festiva, 95 Aspire brake and engine swap. Future air ride suspension as soon as I figure out how.
      Stuart
      (Noodtiva)

Comment

Excellent!

I would like to one day consider putting an Aspire ATX into my '93GL. I'll have to research it further, but I hope that it would provide more low end power from the lower final drive ratio, and maybe a lockup torque converter to make up some of the mileage it will loose due to that feature. It'd be newer without the high cost of having my Festy ATX rebuilt. It would also provide a more accurate speedo gear--closer for whatever larger tires I'd run.

Karl

Comment

I couldn't get my 5 speed Aspire transmission to work in my engine bay. I tried to install the engine and transmission. I wound up with a 91' 5-speed. Funny how things work out with trial and error. I recently saw someone mention using parts off the transmission but I did it 2 years ago and I cleaned up the back yard and no longer have the Aspire transmission.
          Stuart
          (Noodtiva)

Comment

I read somewhere here that you have to use the Festiva transaxle mounts to do it.

Karl

Comment

Working...
            X