My Kind of Prize!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Kind of Prize!!

Coming home from work tonight, stopped at a gas station. Didn't need gas. (Gawd, I love driving a Festiva :headbang Anyway, came back out and there was a blue 93L parked behind my car. Older guy got out, and we started talking about whether that section of the parking lot was for Stivas only. His is a blue 93L, body perfect except for clear coat peelage on the hood and roof. 5 speed. 74K miles. Turned out his wife won the car in a raffle in 93. The car had 3 miles when she won it. 16 years later, she's still driving the car she spent $1 on. Why can't I have that kind of luck??

Guy says he's in that store pretty much everyday, gonna try and remember to put the camera in the car and take some pics. He said that would be fine. Told him about ff.com, but he says they don't even own a computer, but he thought it would be cool for pics of his little car to be on the net. So pics will be forthcoming.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
    1989 L - 247K miles Slick
    1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
    Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

That would be sweet!!!

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

It's nice when little events like that happen. Maybe when they're done with it, they will think of you...
      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

that would have been a cool prize....hope you got the number for when they want to finally get rid of it.
        "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
        89L Silver EFI auto
        91GL Green Auto DD
        There ain't no rest for the wicked
        until we close our eyes for good.
        I will sleep when I die!
        I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

^^ I gave him my home and cell number, don't think he'll be wanting to get rid of it any time soon. He did say the clutch is getting hard on him to work. He said if he did decide to sell it, he would call me first. In typical Festiva owner style, he said he was worried about who might buy it, and how they might tear it up, but he said he'd be okay with me buyiing it. This was after we had stood in the parking lot, popping hoods and talking stivas for almost an hour.

Comment

thats cool how that works....lol
            "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
            89L Silver EFI auto
            91GL Green Auto DD
            There ain't no rest for the wicked
            until we close our eyes for good.
            I will sleep when I die!
            I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Well...maybe you could give him a dollar for it!

Comment

"talking stivas for almost an hour. "

Thats a small investment. If they dont drive it for another 400,000 miles I hope someone that loves festivas gets it.
                sigpic
                The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

I love meeting up with random festiva owners... only met 2 in my town tho.. one was an old guy wanting to buy mine and the other went to my school... we raced one time and his shifter happened to fall through the floor right when we took off and he couldn't shift it lol, but I ended up helping him rig it back up

Comment

Originally posted by freshtiva View Post
                    "talking stivas for almost an hour. "

Thats a small investment. If they dont drive it for another 400,000 miles I hope someone that loves festivas gets it.
                    74K in the first 16 years, don't really see them getting anywhere near 400K.

That's kind of what he told me, he doesn't want the car going to someone who he thinks will tear it up.

Comment

Working...
                    X