deal of the day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deal of the day

well, i think i scored a deal of the day on friday....went to garage sale and saw a set of body hammers and dollies in case brand new...so im looking at em, and lady comes out and says her son also has a welder for sale, but it wasnt in the garage sale...so she says wanna look?...i says yep...turns out it is a chicago electric dual 131 wire feed....used one time from new...i says how much ?...she says 30 bucks...i says sold ( megapower 131 is the same exact one on ebay 179.95 + shipping = 230.00.....) .....came with brand new darkening helmet ( on sale at harbor freight right now for 49.95 + tax ..normally 69.95 ) and extra spool of brand new lincoln flux cored wire ( between 20 - 30 bucks a spool ) ...brand new pr of lincoln welding gloves and hand held shield that also came with it..so i take it and go home...look up hammer set on i / net ( came from hammer source in calif...149.95 )...so i says hmmm....going back to sale and grab hammer set....end up with hammer set and magnets for holding sheet metal together for 25.00 ...brand new never used...and get this ...i get to have the steel welding table for FREE ...the guy built the table using the welder he got and thats only thing he made, because he vapor locked and had a pacemaker installed, so he cant use a welder anymore....i kinda felt sorry for him ...real nice guy was very helpful about the welder...
    Last edited by mikec; 09-20-2009, 05:02 PM. Reason: addition
    1992 festy GL, loaded, stock, 79 K
    1994 Ford ranger - 2.3 I4 - 5 spd.
    1999 Ford ranger - 3.0L V6 - 365 K and rising ! ( shooting for 500 K )
    2000 Ford F-350 dually crew cab - 4x4 powerstroke !
    2003 Ford Focus SVT - supercharged
    2005 Saleen N20 Focus

" If it hurts when you do that, Dont do that !!! " - mikec

" Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill ! " - unknown

" Three can keep a secret, if two are dead ! " - Carlos Marcello

Sweet, you were in the right place at the right time.
    sigpic
    The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
    https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
    Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

An amazing score! :-)
      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Nice!
        Brian
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
        :fish:

Comment

yep, sure was i think...welders a chinese, but for 30 bucks, i dont think you can miss...most guys that have used same one says it works real good as long as you dont weld with the chinese wire and use a better brand...guy said he was having a little trouble welding up the table, but i looked at the table and the welds and they look good and i told him about the wire and he said makes sense....table legs came from a building they were tearing down in chicago...tables 42 x 42 top and real heavy duty.....the auto body hammer set has 3 german hammers in it plus 4 dollys...he was at store when i bought welder, but had returned when i was back for hammer set, so we got to talk and thats when he told me about the pacemaker....there isnt a scratch on the welder...should work pretty decent on sheet metal and supposedly welds up to 1/4 in...
          2005 Saleen N20 Focus

Comment

guess it helps to be retired...i can go to the garage sales on fridays when everyones at work...get in on best deals first...:-)
            2005 Saleen N20 Focus

Comment

now i just gotta find another festy at G/sale for like 20.00.....LOL..talk about sweet !...:-)
              2005 Saleen N20 Focus

Comment

Definately an awesome score!
                Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
                - Unknown
                I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
                - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
                - Bumper Sticker

Comment

made another one yesterday too.....nice small steel gas can, box of wiring ( all in packages brand new ...10 to 22 guage round spools sell for 3.00 ea ...about 40 of them in the box ) two brand new trailer wiring sets. sold for 9.95 ea....10.00 for all of it...
                  2005 Saleen N20 Focus

Comment

I bought this paint agitator at a work auction for $12. The Co. was trying to get rid of stuff they didnt need. It was a closed auction. Everyone I talked to kept saying what am I going to do with "that junk". I said "its new in the box and retails for around $500." I sold it on ebay for $120. I bought a bunch of other stuff but havent got around to selling it yet.

Last edited by freshtiva; 09-20-2009, 09:14 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

hey thats an awesome score....you made a good chunk o change off that one,,,for more festy stuff... !! ...:-)
                      2005 Saleen N20 Focus

Comment

Originally posted by mikec View Post
                        for more festy stuff... !! ...:-)

Howd you know ??
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by freshtiva View Post
                          I bought this paint agitator at a work auction for $12. The Co. was trying to get rid of stuff they didnt need. It was a closed auction. Everyone I talked to kept saying what am I going to do with "that junk". I said "its new in the box and retails for around $500." I sold it on ebay for $120. I bought a bunch of other stuff but havent got around to selling it yet.

AND I thought Graco only made car seats!!!
                          ---------------------------------------------------
                          The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
                          ---------------------------------------------------
                          BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

I love days when you find a steal like that

Comment

Must be nice i've been wanting my own welder for a while now

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                              1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                              2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Working...
                              X