Search Function????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search Function????

:violent1: Sometimes when using the search function, it doesnt seem to work right.
    Example: I started the thread "Got a job!"
    Searching for it gives me an "error" and states that it cannot find "Got a job!"
    I have seen others say they cant find stuff, too. Search seems to work on somethings and not on others.
    So, what gives? Maybe its not, people not trying to search first, when they ask questions on the forum. Its that they get tired of not finding what they are looking for, so then they ask on the forum.
    Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
    Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
    Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
    Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
    http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

"Got a Job" is likely not to work as the search function does not work on 3 character strings or less. Word/search must be performed on 4 character string or more. There might be a way to search for the specific string above but I don't know how to do it.
    You need to consult the great Monsoon, for he is the great search guru!
    '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
    '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
    '92 Aqua parts Car
    '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
    '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
    Your holy ghost will not save you.
    Your God plutonium will not save you.
    In fact...
    ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

It is not that people can't find it....they never look....they just ask. If they searched...as you did.....and then posted " I tried to search for (enter whatever it was in here) and I did not find anything" people would not be coming down on them because they at least tried to search first. How many threads need to be started about what tire fits or what is the Festy bolt pattern because someone did not even take a second to look it up. If they did they would find those answers....there are stickies and everything.....but almost every day some one asks those same questions.

It get very frustrating , just like when they post in the forsale section and do not use the posting codes or improper codes. Even if they do not read the rules....all they have to do is look at how all the other threads are started in that section and they can see by example the proper way to post.....but it is not done properly every day.....**sigh**
      "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
      89L Silver EFI auto
      91GL Green Auto DD
      There ain't no rest for the wicked
      until we close our eyes for good.
      I will sleep when I die!
      I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Its rather annoying when you try to search "BP" "B6t" etc because it won't come up because of the length, I've noticed a lot of newbies that come here ask questions about these motors and say they searched. They probably did, our search engine just screwed it up. You can't even search for something like "BP Wiring" because you get every wiring thread because BP was not included in the search.
        Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
        1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
        2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
        2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

Comment

I have no problem with the question....no matter what it is if the person actually searched and we know that it is one of those that does not come up and then they ask. At least they tried. But if it is a common one that we know comes up or they didn't even try.....thats a different story.
          89L Silver EFI auto
          91GL Green Auto DD
          I will sleep when I die!
          I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

I understand the repeat Q's and it gets old seeing them. At least now i know 'bout the 3 letter thing. But also, and coming from a newbie not long ago myself, newbies have no idea 'bout the 3 letter thing. Their searches come up futile. I got scolded a little when first on here, some my fault and some that 3 letter thing.
            Any clues how I find my post, without scrolling thru endless pages? Any way to change the search or is that just part of the format?
            Last edited by drddan; 09-23-2009, 10:10 PM.
            Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
            Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
            Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
            Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
            http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

Part of the format I believe...not sure but I believe Simon would be best to answer that question.
              89L Silver EFI auto
              91GL Green Auto DD
              I will sleep when I die!

Comment

Why not search by username + threads started by user? That will bring up all threads made by you.

Comment

Here you go:

Comment

That would be good but a newbie won't know who to look for. I've had the same issue before searching for info and thought I did something wrong till now.
                    Jerry
                    Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
                    90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
                    92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
                    93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

Working...
                    X