long trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• long trip

i drove my mother half way to michigan to meet up with her sister. 805 miles total and all the way there it was LOADED with crap....luggage..my toolbox....my subs.....mothers craft crap.....extra battery....5qt extra oil jug....antifreeze jug. so i wasnt expecting great gas mileage

257,391-full tank at home
    ,616-first trip fill up-5.58 gal (40.32m/g)
    ,792-second trip fill up-4.11 gal (42.82m/g)
    258,015-third trip fill up-5.24 gal (42.55m/g)
    ,196-fourth trip fill up-4.3 gal (42.09m/g)

total trip-805 miles
    trip m/g-41.86

thats pretty dang good if i do say so myself. never expected to get such great gas mileage with that much weight, steady 75m/h, and having that many miles on the car to begin with. impressed with the festiva once again.
    90 L FI..second B3
    90 L Parts car
    Jay

sweet! that's why I love these cars!
    Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
    Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

42 mpg is great!

Unless you normally get 50 mpg...

Regards,

Tim
      White '89L auto - Sold!
      Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

that's cool. i haven't bothered to check mine... but it takes a while for my gauge to start moving... far more time than any other machine i have owned... so i am most definitely not complaining. it's almost enough to make me want to keep the stock engine... maybe liven it up a little, and lighten to car to make the power to weight more efficient. i may actually start pulling out stuff this "weekend"(i don't get real weekends... just thursdays).

Comment

I drove my 92 Festy down to San Antonio, TX from Wichita, KS (1300mi round trip) and I got 45mpg! I was pretty stoked to say the least!
          Avg 38 in town and 45 highway. Love these things! Just dont ever wanna get T-Boned in one though, cuz it'll all be over! :wink:
          Rob "BossMan" Petty

Comment

I got 40 mpg highway to and from the Ohiostiva Fall Fling in my '93GL with automatic. I was pretty happy with that. When I measured it before in combined driving (over half "city"), it was about 31 mpg.

To the Fling and back I kinda nursed it at around 60-65 mph, while the previous city driving was about "medium" hard.

Remember to check your tire pressures when calculating your mpgs. I try to keep mine around 33 psi.

Karl
            '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
            '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
            '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
            '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
            '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Working...
            X