Names/Festiva

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Names/Festiva

Being new, have a hard time following whats going on. What is a B6? B6T, B3/B4 etc. I've only had mine a week, so need some help.

"Drive On...ARMY"

They are engines. Do a quick serach and welcome

Comment

Not sure how to do this. I put in B6 and it will not give me any results.

Comment

Search words have to be 4 letters or more.
        A B3 is a 1.3L Mazda motor, B6 a 1.6, B8 a 1.8.

Edit: BTW I'm retired Army, and lived in Palm Springs for a summer.
        Last edited by TominMO; 09-26-2009, 09:55 PM.
        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
        09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

I've been on here for a year now I think...I have yet to learn the difference! I know V8Festiva has a nice little hotrod Festiva....but I couldn't tell you which engine it is. All I know is stock engine is a 1.3 carb or fuel injection. I do not even know if the FI is single throttle-body or port fuel injection. Come to think of it...not sure it is a single or double barrel carburetor! What I DO know is that any stick shift Festiva is fun to drive

Comment

The FI is port fool injection; the carbs are two-barrels.
            Sticks are WAY more fun and significantly more fuel-efficient too!

Took my ex for her first (and maybe last :-) ) ride in Casper today--blew her mind. Casper has 150 HP, which seems sufficient (for now ;-) ).
            90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Nice

Comment

Welcome Aboard!! Here's a bit of reading on the Mazda B-series engines.

Or, if you prefer..

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
                1989 L - 247K miles Slick
                1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
                Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Here's a good page too. Lists the engines and gives info for swapping

Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
                  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
                  '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
                  '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

Thanks !!!! Starting to get the hang of this. A shout to TominMo !! Also, a shout out to all of you !!

Will keep mine a 1.3. But, want it to work. Sorry I seem a little stiff, but don't belong to too many Forums. Not sure of the form.

Comment

Originally posted by i218127 View Post
                      Thanks !!!! Starting to get the hang of this. A shout to TominMo !! Also, a shout out to all of you !!

Will keep mine a 1.3. But, want it to work. Sorry I seem a little stiff, but don't belong to too many Forums. Not sure of the form.
                      Oh yeah, suuuure you'll keep it a 1.3! We totally believe that! Just wait until you've been here awhile, heh heh heh.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

Tried to reply, but must have done it wrong. A shout out to TominMo and all the rest. A little stiff at this. Don't do this often. But, give me time !! I'll get it.

Comment

Originally posted by i218127 View Post
                          Will keep mine a 1.3...
                          They all say that (I did), but once you start studying, you'll start thinking "a B8 sure sounds good"

It does to me anyway. I'll be looking for one this winter.
                          Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
                          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
                          '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
                          '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

Originally posted by FestivaFan View Post
                            They all say that (I did), but once you start studying, you'll start thinking "a B8 sure sounds good"

It does to me anyway. I'll be looking for one this winter.
                            Yeah, even with Casper I've got B8 lust too, to stick in the blue car and rear-turbo it.

I took the high-performance 175/50x13 Sumitomos off Casper and put on 185/60x14 Kumho all-season tires. Now Casper easily locks up the brakes, when I stomp on them (Aspire brake swap). Definitely a compromise for more comfortable, all-around tires.
                            Last edited by TominMO; 09-26-2009, 10:43 PM.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

Do you have any spring perch or fender scrub issues with the 185/60x14's?? I'm assuming you still have +38mm offset wheels on the car?

I've been looking at a set of that size tires for my car, which is why I'm asking.

Focustiva: Because I was told it was was impossible to fit a Focus bumper on a Festiva.
                              In memory of Dean Allen - V8 Festiva 1955-2010

Comment

Working...
                              X