cash for clunkers list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GenevaDirt View Post
    ^^ why would they even submit an app if they wanted to keep it and resell it. As long as the person got their 4500....what would they care.
    CYA would be my guess. As I understand it, there is paperwork between the dealer and customer regarding C4C cars. I believe the person trading in the car has to sign paperwork indicating that he understands what's going to happen to the car when traded. Odds are slim that it would happen, but there's a chance that if the dealer resells the car, and the original owner finds out about it, it could cause a problem for the dealer, But if the dealer files the paperwork (knowing it's going to be rejected) and then sells the car, he can always show the orginal owner that he tried to C4C it, was rejected, and was just trying to recover the money that he, the dealer, put out for the rebate.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
    1989 L - 247K miles Slick
    1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
    Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

If the dealer does not submit paperwork....then the car is free to do what they want with it. Unless the person is into really SAVING the planet....why would they care if the dealer says I will give 4500 or...we will turn it in for 4500. I am sure that if a dealer thought they could make money on a car being turned in....they never filed the paperwork.
      "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
      89L Silver EFI auto
      91GL Green Auto DD
      There ain't no rest for the wicked
      until we close our eyes for good.
      I will sleep when I die!
      I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Basically, I agree with you. The dealer ponied up the money for the rebate, so he can do whatever he wants with the car.

But you and I both know out there somewhere is a DA with a lawyer who would make the dealer's life hell if they get the chance.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
        1989 L - 247K miles Slick
        1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
        Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Sell the Typhoon? Heck no! I'd keep it.
          Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
          '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
          '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

Working...
          X