need help finding wheels.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help finding wheels.

Trying to find 13 or 14" wheels for my car.

Maybe i'm over complicating things. I just can't figure out how to go about trying to find out if a junkyard has a set of steel wheels from the huge list of compatible wheels for my car, besides handing them a paper and saying "i need 4 matching wheels from any of these vehicles. They're gonna give me 4 dumb stares in a row and go back to their beer and skoal.

I've got the list broken down just to the ones i'm interested in, but i'm just at a brain freeze from there. Any suggestions?

just call them and ask if they have any of the cars on your list and if they do....go check them out and see if it is what you are looking for. Most yards are not going to do the leg work for you. But they should know if they have a certain car in the yard.
    "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
    89L Silver EFI auto
    91GL Green Auto DD
    There ain't no rest for the wicked
    until we close our eyes for good.
    I will sleep when I die!
    I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

You can find whatever wheel you're interested in. Most have pics. Add your zip and follow directions. You get a list of every yard that has the part you're looking for.
      Hope this helps.
      Chuck
      Life's a beach, then you marry one---- Shakespeare
      If money will fix it, it's not broken
      91 GL -Ol' Rusty
      93 GL - Lil Red
      91 L - Tweetystiva
      http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/festi...tfordcat/54176
      http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/festi...tfordcat/54596

Comment

My advice, narrow your list down to a couple. Maybe like 2 13" and 2 14". Remember which cars they are coming from. Then just go in and tell them you need 4 wheels from (insert car here) and see if they have them. Don't tell them why you want them, or that they're going on a Festiva, cause then you will get a bunch of dumb looks.

Don't know how organized the yards are down there, but up here, if I walk in and want 4 87 RX7 wheels, they're going to know if they have them or not.

The other thing, if you're dealing with a huge pile of assorted wheels, is make a template of the Festiva bolt pattern and center hole, and carry it with you. Along with a tape. The wheel dimension should be stamped on the wheel itself, but if there's rust, it'll be hard to find. Find one that fits the template, and the size you want, and then just look for 3 more of the same.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
        1989 L - 247K miles Slick
        1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
        Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Nice site cat... I think I found my new favorite junk yard...
          The normal is not always normal... MOST is not ALL... And any job can be hard if you don't have the right tools!!!

My Fleet:
          89 L 4spd (Daily Driver(if it isn't broke down)) "Spanky"

Comment

Working...
          X