X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stock just right for the j-gtx front bumper

Comment

I lifted my car and then lowered it.
      With the uncut aspire springs I found it made for a really crappy front end. There was visible (read as: ugly) positive camber, and a lot of undue stress on all the components. Took half an hour to get the sway bar to go in. I also didn't like the road feel at all with the lift. And you could totally feel that high center of gravity.
      Chopped the springs a bit and it's a happy, happy car now. Just below stock height.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommychu View Post
        I lifted my car and then lowered it.
        With the uncut aspire springs I found it made for a really crappy front end. There was visible (read as: ugly) positive camber, and a lot of undue stress on all the components. Took half an hour to get the sway bar to go in. I also didn't like the road feel at all with the lift. And you could totally feel that high center of gravity.
        Chopped the springs a bit and it's a happy, happy car now. Just below stock height.
        This is what I'm dealing with right now! Fortunately I've got coilovers sitting in my garage for when I get home from school in December.
        1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

lots of great info on this thread an pics too ...but mines stock i wanna lower it but not scraping the grounds just sporty is there a coilover setup that works best ..im not gonna always have my gunturret on the roof but the camo paint will probaly be around for awhile....also what do you all think about front and rear splitters for better areodynamics an all
          Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy an taste great with katsup!!!

Comment

Mines lowered with the FMS springs. Really like it!
            Ian
            Calgary AB, Canada
            93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
            59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

Working...
            X