problem with exceedy clutch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem with exceedy clutch

has anyone had any problem with exceedy clutches? I put one in my festiva when I put the b6e in last year and for about 6 months or so had no problem. After a while I noticed if I rolled on the throttle to pass someone on the highway there was a little slipping. It got a little worse as time went on. Since my car was using oil at a pretty fast rate I assumed that my rear seal was leaking oil onto the clutch causing it to slip. I need to point out that While I like to put the car through its paces, I am not hard on clutches. The original was still going slip free at 190,000 miles when I pulled it out with the original motor. When I swapped in the b6me last month the clutch did not have oil on it and appeared to be in new condition. Now I have the me motor in and it is slipping again. I dont even have this motor running anywhere near its potential yet and still it slips at a top gear roll on at 55 or 60 mph. It doesnt seem to slip at wot at all. I know that it is adjusted right also. Exceedy was advertised as a high performance clutch and that is why I bought it. I figured that the added power of a b6 motor might could have used it. Does anybody have any feedback on exceedy clutches or my problem? I really appreciate any advice or comments. thanks in advance: Rick
    1990 Festiva L
    Bp swap, stock tranny

[

Did you set your clutch cable correctly when you put your new clutch in?
    The Festiva Store
    Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

Mine had a similar problem, but with the $200 spec clutch.....I just replaced it with the suzuki swift act clutch. Yours prolly has gotten glazed, take it out sand and clean it then put it back in. If that doesn't work I have a spec I'll sell you.
      -Greg
      Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
      BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
      Redneck Engineer
      FOTY - '09
      5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

well, i dont know what the problem is but i have an excedy clutch in my car and it works great. ive had it for a little over a year and no slipping or anything. im not overly hard on it but do like to have fun sometimes
        maybe you just got a bad one..
        Tim S

Comment

i have a centerforce which is an exedy disk. its less than 6 months old it held up great at first. its slips like crazy under throttle

Comment

Never had a problem with mine when I had the car.

Comment

Working...
            X