Crisis at the Ranch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by biglay5150 View Post
    the best way to get rid of the mold by giving the cars to me and let me worrie about it. Than you wont have any more mold!!! Ok so when can i pic them up? ;-)

lol!!!
    Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
    '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
    '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

I just thought of something. Mold loves dark, damp places like sheds and garages. Especially if they're made of wood. Before you put those cars away, it might be a good time to clean out the storage area. Clean it out real good, toss or clean anything with mold on it, but try to avoid creating dust. Mold spores float in the air like smoke. Anyway, after the clean up, mix up some weak bleach water, put it in a pressure sprayer and spray everything down. Walls, floors, ceilings, etc.

If you have a mold problem in your house and you call a disaster restoration company, this is what they would do. What they spray is basically bleach water with a few other chemicals added (this is why it smells like bleach).

...and wear a respirator and old clothes. Mold can make you sick. As soon as you're done, change clothes (outside, don't bring mold into your house).
      Last edited by JPT; 10-02-2009, 05:00 PM.
      Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
      '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
      '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

I had a similar problem with my boat when it sat for the winter. Now I put some ordinary charcoal in a bucket and place it in the boat and have not had a problem since.
        Brian
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
        :fish:

Comment

Working...
        X