Beautiful MazdaSpeed Protege

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beautiful MazdaSpeed Protege

Saw this beautiful mazdaspeed protege in the walmart parkinglot the other day...lets just say my girlfriend was annoyed with the way my attention was so glued on it instead of what she was saying all of a suddon

1997 Ford Aspire, MTX, Teal, B3E - "Trusty"
    1997 Ford Aspire, MTX, Red, B3E - "Eggy" (RIP)
    1989 Ford Festiva LX, ATX, Maroon, B3E - "TBK" (RIP)
    1991 Ford Festiva GL, ATX, Red, B3E - "Festiva GT" (RIP)

eh - think the motor will swap over

91 L - modified to SLX- "Tin Can Project"
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2850897
    92 GL - parts car
    97 aspire - parts car
    87 323 DX - daily driver

Visit My Store - New Products available!
    http://www.cafepress.com/tunner

Car enthusiasts will respect all makes and models that preform.
    Brand enthusiasts are the root of all problems in the car community.

Comment

well...dunno, its prbably a Mazda FS type engine..but its turbocharged...all the same, thats a MILH (Mazda I'd Like To Have ) according to wikipedia:

In 2003, Mazdaspeed introduced the Mazdaspeed Protégé, an update to the Protégé MP3 that had a 170 hp (127 kW)/160 ft·lbf (217 N·m) turbocharged engine, shared the MP3's full Racing Beat suspension, redesigned 17-inch (430 mm) wheels, larger four-wheel disc brakes, and a Kenwood stereo system that included an amplifier along with a rear-deck mounted 8-inch (200 mm) sub. Mazda then followed with a mid year change dubbed the "2003.5." This model included a different aero-kit, the same 17-inch (430 mm) Racing Beat wheels, but with a darker color, and custom interior pieces. In total, there were only 4,500 Mazdaspeed Protégé models ever produced. (1,750 Black/Orange (2003) and 2,750 Yellow/Titanium/Blue/Silver (2003.5/7))

Comment

Those are really nice cars. A little low on power but I hear they handle like a dream.
        91GL BP/F3A with boost
        13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Originally posted by pwgus View Post
          Saw this beautiful mazdaspeed protege in the walmart parkinglot the other day...lets just say my girlfriend was annoyed with the way my attention was so glued on it instead of what she was saying all of a suddon
          At least she didn't catch you looking at another gurl...then the fur'd really fly.
          90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
          09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

^^ I dunno which is worse! Sometimes they get more PO'd when you ogle a car than another female!

Uhhh.... not that I have any specific experience with that, mind you....

Focustiva: Because I was told it was was impossible to fit a Focus bumper on a Festiva.
            In memory of Dean Allen - V8 Festiva 1955-2010

Comment

haha, yea, I know what you mean..... I said "look at that car...ooooo, I've heard those are zippy and handle well", and started to check it out from afar...she didnt even know what i was talking about, lol, she thought I meant some suburu near by, lol, with probably a V6, lol, those are way too common. This car though, is a beautiful piece of machinary, I like the color of it especially!

BTW Packers 14, Vikings 14, Packers are gonna win yet!!
              Last edited by pwgus; 10-05-2009, 08:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X