untagged cars in your yard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• untagged cars in your yard

Well I had minigun at my girl friends, its in town limits and the car nazzis came by. They said city ordenece does not allow untagged cars on properties.

I said its not on here property, its on a trailer ( tagged) on her property. They agreed this loop hole was legal and went on their way.

wow, people with common sence in city office, who would thought
    money pit

No spitters were I work, you swallow it all. The Company feels if you already have it in your mouth why waste it.

Originally posted by NovaSS View Post
    Well I had minigun at my girl friends, its in town limits and the car nazzis came by. They said city ordenece does not allow untagged cars on properties.

I said its not on here property, its on a trailer ( tagged) on her property. They agreed this loop hole was legal and went on their way.

wow, people with common sence in city office, who would thought
    that sucks that they wanted to hastle you - but I'm sure the city would say something about half a dozen festys on trailers in a back yard as well lol

91 L - modified to SLX- "Tin Can Project"
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2850897
    92 GL - parts car
    97 aspire - parts car
    87 323 DX - daily driver

Visit My Store - New Products available!
    http://www.cafepress.com/tunner

Car enthusiasts will respect all makes and models that preform.
    Brand enthusiasts are the root of all problems in the car community.

Comment

We had a couple guy on the street that were turning thier yards into junk yards so they put thier foot, down. all of our cars are tagged and its pretty obvious that its just not a peice of junk taking up yard space. plus you cant see it from the street.
      money pit

No spitters were I work, you swallow it all. The Company feels if you already have it in your mouth why waste it.

Comment

Here, you can have one untagged car in your yard. The car enthusiasts protested the ordinance when the city council was voting on it a few years back to get that much leeway. We got harrassed by the city last year because we had more than one and had to move them, tag them or get fined in three days.

Glad they didn't come by this weekend. They would probably have thrown a fit when all the FM3 folks were there. Besides we have four untagged right now. sssshh! Don't tell anyone. They are Dean's possible next project car, one he got from his daughter, the pull-a-part car from the meet and one we are storing for oneeyepizzaguy. Hey, if we count his car, there were 56 cars! LOL
        1992 Green GL - "It's not easy being green" - Kermit - RIP killed by a tree
        1992 Aqua Funtop - Belle
        Wife of V8Festiva.

Madness Committee Member
        website www.festivamadness.com

Comment

I live in a small town and they just passed an ordinance that anything "junky", whether tagged or not, can be in your yard as long as it is covered up. This covers cars as well as anything else in your yard "unsightly" such as discarded AC uints, any appliances, etc. I bet there was a run on tarps!
          Pat

:fred:1993 5 spd "Big Red" - Daily Driver
          1994 Honda Del Sol DOHC VTEC
          2004 Mazda 3
          -----------
          5 million dogs and cats are euthanized each year in shelters. Have your pets spayed or neutered.

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated. - Mahatma Gandhi

Comment

I had an alfa romeo for a while that didn't run. I wasn't going to plate it without it running, so it just sat out in the court for a while. The police came by and said I couldn't even have it parked in my driveway without plates. I argued that it was private property, but that didn't seem to matter. I pay taxes on my property, but god forbid if I don't pay for plates for a car to sit on it, I get fined and towed off! I would love to live in the country... or just on the county line... I would tease those guys with as many cars as I could... right in my yard!
            The normal is not always normal... MOST is not ALL... And any job can be hard if you don't have the right tools!!!

My Fleet:
            89 L 4spd (Daily Driver(if it isn't broke down)) "Spanky"

Comment

Where I live, they really don't care how many untagged cars you have. The only thing they care about is people living in WV for longer than 30 days without transferring their tags.

And that's all about taxes. The Guvna's got to have his cut.

That does suck, never had the misfortune to live under those kinds of regulations. At least the guy had a brain. Glad it worked out the way it did.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
              1989 L - 247K miles Slick
              1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
              Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

We have the same thing here. Crusher has never been tagged since I got it and was/is just sitting in my driveway. Car nazis came by and said it couldnt sit out like that. BUT if it were in the garage OR under a car cover that would be ok. Seems stupid to me, under a car cover. ITs still out in the open! But hey I bought a cheapie cover on Ebay and theyre good with it.
                Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
                - Unknown
                I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
                - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
                - Bumper Sticker

Comment

Here in Sanford you can have a car without a tag but it has to run. If the ordinance officer stops in and it doesn't run, you get fined.
                  www.cardomain.com/id/jermnc77

Madness Committee Member & Contact Person
                  www.festivamadness.com

Festiva Madness
                  Snoopy's
                  4621 Atlantic Ave
                  Raleigh, NC 27604

Comment

I keep my un-taged vehicles backed up against a wall or the grape vines, and they can't tell from the road if they have tags or not.
                    1960 willys pickup
                    1967 jeep cj5

1988 festiva
                    1989 festiva
                    1990 festiva for parts
                    1991 s-10

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" —Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Comment

Where I live nobody cares, I have 2 non running festivas right now, one out in the open, the other in the barn, and then my project car (Green 93') which isn't tagged yet. But I live way out in the country. One guy not too far from me basically has a junkyard in his yard.
                      -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
                      -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
                      -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

You're lucky. That wouldn't work here in Virginia since the front also have plates!
                        Pat

:fred:1993 5 spd "Big Red" - Daily Driver
                        1994 Honda Del Sol DOHC VTEC
                        2004 Mazda 3
                        -----------
                        5 million dogs and cats are euthanized each year in shelters. Have your pets spayed or neutered.

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated. - Mahatma Gandhi

Comment

Had a neighbor a couple of years ago who complained to the EPA that I had a trash dump on my place. I had 1 washer and 1 dryer sitting at the edge of my yard. Just hadn't had a chance to load them up and haul them away.
                          The guy shows up to look at my "dump" and laughed. After the "inspection" we spent about an hour or so in my driveway, talking cars/trucks/bikes/nosey neighbors, etc..

Mysteriously, the neighbor who called the EPA on me got a visit from the Game Warden after she had been bragging about the 2 black bears she had killed out of season. No idea how the Game Warden came to know about them.

So, I got to hang out in my driveway and talk with what turned out to be a pretty cool guy, and she got $2000.00 in fines, and her hunting license revoked for 2 years.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
                          1989 L - 247K miles Slick
                          1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
                          Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Originally posted by batstiva View Post
                            Mysteriously, the neighbor who called the EPA on me got a visit from the Game Warden after she had been bragging about the 2 black bears she had killed out of season. No idea how the Game Warden came to know about them.
                            "Mysteriously"

lol

We have a "One Untagged" Law here. I have three no tag cars and no one says a thing
                            Last edited by JPT; 10-06-2009, 04:09 PM.
                            Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
                            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
                            '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
                            '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

we moved most of our untagged to back behind our storage buildings . it too much work for them to walk around the property.

CONTACT FOR 4TH STIVA:July 2 2011.TURKEY STIVA
                              91-auto gl :::Ol Glory

Comment

Working...
                              X